bluesman post at 2023-11-8 14:44:43

Android 12 Official 1.0.5 Discussion Thread

This post was finally edited by bluesman at 2023-11-8 15:53

Orange Pi have posted a new version 1.0.5 of their Android 12 image.

Kodi (21 Dev) works pretty well,with hardware acceleration.

The Play Store is there by default and I can sign in OK.

After a very quick test, most seems to generally work, even though very bare bones in terms of settings etc.

There may be an issue with the lower bar not auto hiding but not looked deeper at this yet.

The NVME image seems to be corrupt but the SD card one works.

Whoever is responsible for uploading the official images, plese stop packing them in such a way that it requires two levels of unpaking to get at the actual image.

bluesman post at 2023-11-11 15:22:02

This post was finally edited by bluesman at 2023-11-11 15:23

With Rockchip finally unveiling a Linux 6.1 kernel before the end of the year, development can get to a place where it should be and things like Armbian, Libreelec, Kodi and Android can be bought to a fully usable place.

The Raspberry Pi 5 doesn't have the same power as a the RK3588 but it is still picking up pace and gathering faster development than I anticipated, so is a real threat right now.

So hopefully, sometime in Jan/Feb next year we might see maturity across the whole RK3588 sphere.

Rockchip can't afford a total dud and for whole communities to abandon it.

The one missing feature of the original Opi 5 that really annoys me is that we still don't have a bootloader that allows boot from SD card, USB and M.2 as a default, without having to continually swap options in software. I am told that the Plus version of the board already has this as standard.

rix81 post at 2023-11-10 01:19:07

This image works fine, but how to contact developer to add missing 24hz refreshratemode. This is critical issue, as without 24hz it's not possible to watch movies smooth.
Btw in mo123 image 24hz mode is present

bluesman post at 2023-11-10 08:30:36

rix81Published in 2023-11-10 01:19
This image works fine, but how to contact developer to add missing 24hz refreshratemode. This is c ...
Unfortunately you would seem to have more success in trying to contact the dead.

We can only hope that at some point, their developer will look and pick up on any deficiences.

But based on clear precedent, don't hold your breath.

rix81 post at 2023-11-11 04:33:29

This post was finally edited by rix81 at 2023-11-11 13:54

Yea... This is not a surprise unfortunately.So far I had nothing but headache with this device(.
None of OS are ok to use the device as media box.
Linux OS'es were unable to play 10 bit h265, so can't watch movies. Stock android doesnt have 24hz, so cant play movies smooth. Mo123 androidcould be big advance, but there are no top/ bottom bars, can't install unsigned apk's , and, as rockchiphas no autoframerate in android, then workaround could beto map a shortcut to rc button to refresh rates section of settings, but I was unable to do it getting weird errors, and finally I had to gave up with mo123 android as well.

Also all of os'ses are unable to output dts/ac3 via usb-spdif adapter, so can't use reciever.Someday libreelec may help with it, but for libre/coreelec is enough to use cheap amlogic boxes
page: [1]
View full version: Android 12 Official 1.0.5 Discussion Thread