dspitzer post at 2024-4-2 02:27:18

Convert 4 LTS Android build artifacts to a TF card image?S

How do I convert the update.img artifact from the Orange Pi 4 LTS Android build to an image I can flash on a microSD card?

How do I convert the update.img artifact from the Orange Pi 4 LTS Android build to an image I can flash on a microSD card?

from stackoverflow.com/q/78227893/4766

I have successfully built Android 8.1 from the sources provided for the Orange Pi 4 LTS. According to the Orange Pi 4 LTS User Manual--on the final page 399--"…update.img is the Android firmware that can be burned and run". But when I follow the instructions in the Orange Pi 4 wiki page to burn Android firmware to TF card, it won't boot.

I can successfully boot from a microSD card when I use the Android 8.1 image I downloaded from www.orangepi.org. But the Android 12 image I download doesn't work--not surprisingly since that download is not in a folder named "Image boot from SD card" like the 8.1 image.

So it appears whatever was done to convert the Android 8.1 image to one that will boot from an SD card would need to be done to the Android 12 image or my update.img file.

page: [1]
View full version: Convert 4 LTS Android build artifacts to a TF card image?S