greta post at 2015-2-12 02:59:53

Oranga Pi blog and FAQ (English/Dutch)

Hi I'm Greet and I've recently started a blog in English to review single board computers.
The content will be populated while I go along with testing the devices.
(Some posts may also be translated to Dutch to appeal to the Dutch speaking community. The content will always be available in English too).

At the moment I have a raspberry pi and I'm waiting now for my sample raspberry pi 2 to review (will normally arrive in a week or 2).

I'm convinced w.r.t. processing power and certain applications that the Orange Pi Plus is a real competitor for the RPi 2 but the device is maybe less known to the general public.

If there are Orange Pi Plus samples for review I would like to apply. (I could also review the other Orange Pi versions.)

I will not be able to take pictures when the raspberry pi 2 is running ... hopefully this isn't a problem with the orange pi plus ;-)

While I'm playing with the orange pi, I can also translate the guides to Dutch. (and keep track of a FAQ)

Personally I'm interested in network applications and 24/7 applications like a ftp-server / download station, data logging from solar panels etc. (for some applications a bit more processing power is needed).
For some applications wireless trancievers are used (usage of the IO pins).
At the moment I'm testing some applications on a raspberry pi, but for some applications the responsiveness is a bit slow. In a week or two I will do the same tests with a raspberry pi 2, and maybe also with the Orange Pi plus.

I will test applications I come up with and will also accept community questions (everything will be logged in the blog where users can comment on the posts).

I'm looking forward to join and start a large community around these products.

I would also love to read feedback from users who already have an orange pi.

zhao_steven post at 2015-2-12 06:29:40

Thank you for your participation in Orange pi community

zhao_steven post at 2015-4-23 16:21:44

Please supply your shipping address.

greta post at 2015-5-6 16:39:21

Thanks Steven, I've sent you an e-mail with shipping address (and cell phone number)

KingNyx post at 2015-5-9 00:54:28

You can take pictures of the rpi2, just take them in a well light area so you can have flash off.

greta post at 2015-5-12 01:13:20

I know about the problems with flashes when the Raspberry Pi is running.
(I took my pictures when it was unplugged :) )
/tmp/1.png
/tmp/2.png

greta post at 2015-5-12 01:15:24

2nd try:

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=image&aid=30&size=300x300&key=30a95b36991210f0&nocache=yes&type=fixnonehttp://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=image&aid=31&size=300x300&key=686e394515b9436c&nocache=yes&type=fixnone

greta post at 2015-5-12 01:43:00

At the moment I'm using the Raspberry Pi as a 24/7 NAS server.
I'm using NFS and vsftpd with virtual directories, and a hard-disk connected to the USB port.
However you notice a performance/throughput drop when somebody else starts copying or use the server at the same time (and I'm not yet letting the vsftpd on the raspberry pi use encryption).

Anybody with an orange pi plus that can test ftp-throughput?

If anybody is interested I can share a guide on how to set this (=ftp/nfs) up (it should be the same for OrangePi).
page: [1]
View full version: Oranga Pi blog and FAQ (English/Dutch)