Orange Pi 3 LTS -- Load average does not go below 1.00

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-2-27 08:30:56 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by osamuh at 2022-2-27 08:33

I purchsed a new Orange Pi 3 LTS and just installed the Debian image, then I realized that the load average does not go below 1.00.
It seems that a process named "SPRDWL_TX_QUEUE" is in uninterrutible sleep status, and it keeps using up a CPU core.

I also tried the Ubuntu image, and got the same result.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-3-22 04:31:51 | Show all floors
I'm seeing the same issue, and I guess I need to pull down the Armbian source code for this and try to figure out what's going on here.

Just looking at the Linux kernel I don't see any mention of this  SPRDWL_TX_QUEUE anywhere, so maybe it's part of the built init daemon?   Or maybe it's part of the 'sprdwl_ng' wireless module.

And yes, that's where it's coming from, since I can see that string in the file /usr/lib/modules/5.15.93-sunxi64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/uwe5622/unisocwifi/sprdwl_ng.ko

And that's it, if I unload the module, then the load drops down nicely.  So the problem is somewhere in that module.  So now to find the source for the uwe5622 wifi driver and see what it's doing.  It's probably busy waiting on a sysfs file or something while waiting for a transmit to come in or something silly like that.

John

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-4-11 13:16:55 | Show all floors
When addressing the issue of high load averages on an Orange Pi 3 LTS, clear and concise Techniques for report writing can be extremely helpful in identifying and solving the problem. Using clear headings, bullet points, and diagrams makes it easier to present the data in an organized manner and pinpoint the root cause of the high load average. Additionally, using specific technical language and detailing the steps taken to resolve the issue can help others who may encounter similar problems.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-10-20 03:55:52 | Show all floors
Still an issue on Orange Pi Zero 3 and kernel 6.1.31
Published in 2024-1-25 19:42:05 | Show all floors
Could potentially be at the same time a fairly fantastic post that marilyn and i clearly loved comprehending. Usually not regularly of which see the the chances to buy a device.        Jun-88
Published in 2024-1-25 20:09:49 | Show all floors
Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it.        roof cleaning southampton
Published in 2024-1-25 22:02:19 | Show all floors
I really    prize  your work , Great post.        Packers and Movers Gurgaon to Mysore
Published in 2024-1-27 22:47:57 | Show all floors
Merely  a smiling  visitant here to share the love (:, btw  outstanding  style.        https://daga1.tv
Published in 2024-1-31 15:05:33 | Show all floors
You really should indulge in a tournament personally of the most effective blogs on the internet. I’m going to recommend this web site!        Packers and Movers Hyderabad to Chandigarh
Published in 2024-2-1 14:07:16 | Show all floors
After study many of the web sites for your website now, we genuinely much like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will also be checking back soon. Pls consider my internet site too and inform me what you think.        pressure washing grimsby
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list