Orange Pi PC (H3) and Asterisk

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-1-31 07:22:41 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello;

I plan to start a new project for my college, and what I want to accomplish is to have a fully functional Asterisk server in my Orange Pi PC. I want to be able to configure it and be able to use it to make calls between some SIP phones I have (basically, software based).

Is it possible to do it at the moment? I don't care if I can't use the most up to date version, an old one (not too old though) is ok, the project should explain the tidbits about the system, how it works and what I have done as for the configuration.

Thank you!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-5-11 06:21:25 | Show all floors
Edited by nobitakun at 2016-5-21 08:41

Hello;

It's been some weeks since I wasn't hanging out around here and I can say that I got the expected results about the Asterisk project for my Orange Pi PC. I've done so far:

- Asterisk built it from scratch, with MySQL compatibility through ODBC, and Apache+phpmyadmin.
- PJSIP working with RealTime, thanks to Alembic migration tool which created all the database configuration
- A dialplan for PJSIP working, which detects if the extensions exist in the DB, and once the calls are done it inserts some statistics in it about the calls, thanks to CDR module.
- And the last but not the least, the web portal for the users to check their call log and for admins to check the info of all extensions and the call logs of any extension, plus the power to make new extensions and modify or delete the old ones, everything in real time.

The part I'm interested now is about the voicemail. I plan to make voicemail recordings store inside a folder and be accessible for the users and to make a contact book, which any user could use to look for other contacts.

I hope to write good news about it!

P.S: The version of Armbian I'm using is 5.05, but I've seen that 5.10 has been released and it includes lots of improvements. I'm very excited about trying it after my project finishes. Keep the hard work, thanks!

EDIT: Voicemail is working perfectly. The project is about to be presented next week to my teachers. The only one thing I could not do is the contactbook. I've been reading that there should be a way for Asterisk to detect keypress, but what I want is to serve it with the avaliable contacts inside a MySQL table and show them on the softphone, which I honestly dunno where to start with it.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-1-31 19:30:10 | Show all floors
Have you looked at orange-pbx?
I did it on A20 OP, but it should works on all the armv7l cpu, you just need to adapt the packages to your OS (i used ubuntu 12).
If you want, i can also add digium asterisk-gui r other, depend on what you want.
Cheers
Tk
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-2-10 19:15:49 | Show all floors
Well, I've been reading more info about Asterisk and my plan is to add the following functionalities:

- LAMP integration to be able to use PHP with it, I still don't know how to integrate the PHP plugin to make Asterisk to accept the code.
- Make my own simple website with a login screen, where users can log and check their call logs and other basic info, from a SQL database.

I will be thinking about the possibilites and about what I want to accomplish, but at the moment I don't know much about Asterisk but it seems a very powerful framework so I guess everything can be made.

Thank you for your help, it is nice to find expertised people about the project I plan to do.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-3-14 19:13:24 | Show all floors
At the moment I've installed Asterisk with no issues at all. I just installed pjsip library with --enable-shared option and then Asterisk. I'm seeing pjsip libraries through the makemenu GUI, so I guess it installed flawlessly (as it didn't give me any errors though).

The only doubt I have is that I've been reading about the installation of the pjsip in different websites and most of them use --disable-sound --disable-resample --disable-video --disable-opencore-amr, but I did install it only with --enable-shared, since Asterisk needs it in order to detect them. Is it very important? I mean, does it interfere if I just leave them enabled and I don't use them? because I don't want to install the libraries and to be in needed of trying those, just for knowing how they work, because I'm very interested about the video thing.

Thanks for the help!

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-3-20 06:23:22 | Show all floors
I've just built asterisk-13.7.2 from the sources on my OPI+ with the Armbian image.
So far  Armbian provides complete infrastructure for building from sources.

It was necessary to preinstall a certain number of packages before .configure is completed.
Then the core asterisk native build process runs smoothly.

The other way to make the things done is to :
root@orangepiplus:~# apt-get install asterisk
It installs
root@orangepiplus:~#  asterisk -V
Asterisk 11.13.1~dfsg-2+b1

I haven't yet setup the peers and the dialplan to evaluate how the Asterisk itself works. Nevertheless, the setup time and the level of difficulty were acceptable for this initial stage.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-3-29 06:07:43 | Show all floors
Yes, it was quite easy to install it. The problem now is about the integration I plan to do, since I'm coding a little php website with a login page and some call statistics once the user logs succesfully. I know how to do the PHP part, but I have no clue where the MySQL DB is in order to configure the site to show the info from there. I just want to do a simple control panel about the user, and I need to know if Asterisk uses a webserver itself or the way it works, because I've been reading about AMI or AGI but I don't really get the concept clear. I'm used to build a LAMP platform, put an index.php and some other php pages in the /var/www and run the website from there, but with Asterisk I'm totally lost, since the modus operandi seems completely different.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-8-13 15:03:19 | Show all floors
I am very noob to the Pi's and not very good AT ALL with Linux. I just ordered an OPi PC+ in hopes to have a small Asterisk device for my home. I would be gratefull for any help on how to get Asterisk up and running. Maybe a "NOOB" guide! Thanks

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-11-22 07:25:08 | Show all floors
Installation of Asterisk is quite straightforward. The most annoying part is the right choice of the modules. If you don't plan to implement any ODBC driver or custom configuration you have a very clear documentation from the asterisk site.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-3-22 04:37:42 | Show all floors
is it possible to make a video call over orangePi, i dont want to install asterix or some sip server, i just want to make a client video call to a ios/android device?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list