Hi from Poppy Ann.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-1-12 15:33:49 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi there,

I am a 61 year old M to F transgender not working due to disability from an accident whilst in the army so i have plenty of time on my hands (on days i can manage to get out of bed) and at the moment i am in the middle of building a (combined 3D printer/cnc mill/laser engraver/laser cutter) both the laser cutter and the mill will be only for thin easy cut materials if i ever get it finished.

I worked in various forms of engineering in one way or another started out as an instrument technician then on to a plan fitter working on bulldozers and general plant (not the green type) then changed to a vehicle engineer and finally went on to a powered access/crane engineer which was mainly electrical engineering and hydraulic's engineer so i have a decent grasp of design and building things, i started programing back in 1980 when i built a Acorn Atom computer which was the forerunner to the BBC micro and back then in the distant past when you built a computer you were supplied with a big plastic bag full of chips, transistors, diodes and many other items even the keyboard you had to build yourself and each key was made up from 5 separate items when the kit arrived nothing was numbered apart from the makers part number which changed from kit to kit, I splurged and paid extra for a second KB of ram so i had a total of 2 KB but .5KB was used by the operating system but even with such a little amount of ram i still managed to write my own version of space invaders which exactly the same as the arcade machine to fit it all in i had to write it in machine code to get it small enough to fit in the memory when i look at computers now i wonder how we use to program with such small amount of memory when today the programs need several GB to run but even with starting when computers were first available i doubt i could write a decent program in fact i doubt i could write a bad program at the moment as it is so long since i did any.

Now living in Mansfield after 10 years away living on my sail boat in the Caribbean, i like to build things like RC quadcopters cars etc trying to find people who have a similar interest in building things, if anyone lives anywhere near Mansfield and wants to get together to chat about projects that they are working on i am happy to chat either here or anywhere close by.

regards Poppy Ann.
If a cluttered work bench indicates a cluttered mind what does a empty work benc
Published in 2015-1-13 18:23:41 | Show all floors
Welcome to Poppy Ann to join the orange PI community.  Thank you.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list