[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-2-15 21:58:56 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello everybody.
I'm waiting my orange pi plus 2 ....
But when it will arrive I want start immediately to work whit it .
The project I would like to build is the following ....
- Server wifi which accept several connection over wifi lan , by using socket not web server .
- Run mysql to store and get data from android devices , so apache2 will be installed (the lamp pack of course)
- Application will be written in java and I want to install Netbeans on my orange , this is because I don't like to use cross-compiler
- Android devices will connect to orange wifi server and exange data
-I'm new in linux and for me it is better do not have much troubles with script-bash shell
In this step of my knoledge I prefer to install Raspbian , I create the image with win32DickImage to avoid troubleshootings.
Using raspbian I can find a lot of informations on the web , gpio, i2c and else .
Sincerely I'd like to install debian8 but the page which explain how to install the images is hard for me .
What do you think about ?
May I reach my target in this way or better I install debian or ubuntu into my orange pi 2 plus ?
I'm watching this page but I have understand a few ....http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... wthread&tid=342
What do you think if I install lubuntu ?  Is that a good OS for the job I'm planning?
thanks

Walter

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-2-15 22:05:30 | Show all floors
Edited by xwalter at 2016-2-15 22:09

they say ....
OrangePI-PC_Ubuntu_Vivid_Mate.img    prepared for OrangePI users, just copy to SDCard, no configuration neededIs this for orange pi pc or for all?
other says....
All images are ready to be installed on any Orange Pi H3 board, tested on Orange PI 2, Orange PI PLUS, Orange PI PLUS2, Orange PI PC.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-2-18 05:32:58 | Show all floors
xwalter replied at 2016-2-15 11:05
they say ....
OrangePI-PC_Ubuntu_Vivid_Mate.img    prepared for OrangePI users, just copy to SDCard, ...

You most likely will end up with your Opi 2+ with Wifi disabled or Ethernet disabled (or not configured if you prefer), you better run the script to update your kernel and config to have both Ethernet and Wifi working at the same time.
If you don't want to mess with kernel builds and configs and the likes, you better use Android.
Android that comes with the board is useless.

If you get stuck trying to make it work, search the forum, and find an image that works with this board or use a firmware from a TV setup box that people here in the forum have installed with success and seems to be happy.

Lubuntu is normally preferred by those who want the minimum Apps and Services installed and running and you will have to install the services you need if the image does not provide it. (you can have Lubuntu Server or Lubuntu Desktop in an X86 scenery)
Debian is usually preferred for those who want to compile and tune the board for maximum performance.
Android is prefered for those who want just to run every Apps and don't care about kernel, how to config, etc...

Tip:
If you use Lubuntu and have trouble with wifi, disable and remove NetworkManager and configure ethernet and wifi manually, you get a reliable wifi connection.

I think Orange Pi boards never heard of Raspian..

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-2-18 05:58:07 | Show all floors
hi alex .
After I tried several distribution I decided for debian 8 jessie. I did update and upgrade.
Java jdk 8 and netbeans are installed and running , I have also wrote a fast tutorial into the Programming section of this forum .
Now I want to install rxtxcomm and .so to use the serial port with java .
My target is to use this configuration
- Debian jessie
- java
- wifi socket
- lan
- GPIO (also with Pi4J)
If not working  I will study the linux kernel , the structure of linux , how to build device driver and more , but My target is that .....
But I think will be better because there also WiringPi in debian , just needs to wrap C code for java .....
What I'm interesting , for automation timing , is to find a solution which give to me ticks of the system or read by java the time in uSec or MilliSec .this is because all of the examples are using delay() blocking function and I don't like to block the cpu .
For arduino I wrote WTimer which uses millis() but in linux I don't know
Tell me your opinion please
Ciao
Published in 2024-3-25 13:00:00 | Show all floors
Real   wonderful info   can be found on  web blog .        mp4moviez
Published in 2024-3-26 02:19:55 | Show all floors
Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks a lot However I will be experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Not able to enroll in it. Is there anybody getting identical rss issue? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx        i9bet
Published in 2024-3-26 10:32:55 | Show all floors
A lot of times I get really tired in checking out the subject for myself as well as having to come up with the serious concept.        Alo789
Published in 2024-3-27 04:34:34 | Show all floors
I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank God I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again…        Borsa Italian Leather Handbags online I Raintree
Published in 2024-3-27 08:44:07 | Show all floors
I like the efforts you have put in this, thank you for all the great blog posts.        補習中介
Published in 2024-3-27 10:38:56 | Show all floors
You have brought up a very  excellent   details ,  appreciate it for the post.        Slot online
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list