please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Author: LinuXperia

Buying 33 Opi-PCs need Opi-PC Schematics for Power over Ethernet Wiring!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-11-25 22:07:36 | Show all floors
gnasch replied at 2016-11-25 20:49
2 things:
if you use armbian you will have reasonable settings for voltage, frequency and throttlin ...

Hi gnash!
Thanks a lot for your Helpfull Tips!

I tryed some Weeks ago allready Armbian on my Onrange PI PCs. Downloaded the Image from their Website to test how it works and if it is good to be used.

What i can say about Armbian is that related to running the Orange PI PCs you are right about the Temperature.
Indeed Armbian makes the Orange PI Pcs run much more cooler than with the Old Kernel.

Problem however with Armbian is that Ethernet was not working when i tryed to use Armbian with my Orange PI Pc's

Becouse of the Ethernet Functionality Lack  in Armbian i come to the conclusion that Armbian is not really usable.

From what i know Armbian use the new Kernel and there is still not yet implemented the Ethernet functionality.

If i get everything done the way i liked i am planning to donate Money to Igor Pec for all the work he has done till yet that is for sure!

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-11-26 15:48:26 | Show all floors
Hm - in standard armbian ethernet works flawlessly on my opi pc with legacy kernel.
If you prefer 4.x kernel maybe this post helps:

best, gnasch

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-12-1 22:02:15 | Show all floors
Hey

I guess you use all those Pi PC as a cluster ? I have a few Pi PC, and I am interested in making them working as a little computing cluster. How do you proceed ?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-1-9 23:55:17 | Show all floors
  1. But Power over Ethernet is not possible as i thinked with the Orange PIs!
Copy code

Well, there is a solution I can suggest you immediately: you can make yourself or buy PoE-modules: injectors and splitters. It won't be a real PoE, but something like that: 4 wires is ethernet-data, other 4 are +5v/1.5A +5v/1.5A +12V and GND for example. Such method is named "pseudo PoE".
So, the connections would be like that: at first, you connect one end of cable to a switch/hub/router/whatever you want, the other end to pseudo-PoE-injector, then, after injector, you connect data+poe cable to a splitter, and from splitter you connect two cables: one to the ethernet port of OPi, and power - to the power plug. Splitter could be placed near the OPi, so, it wouldn't take too much area.
Of course, you need to compensate the voltage drop after a long section of poe+data cable, but it isn't the problem.
One huge problem of this method is that it's only compatible, when you have at least 2 free wires in your ethernet cable. As we know, the 10/100M Full-Duplex uses only 2 pairs for TX and RX, so we have another 2 pairs for power. But Gigabit Ethernet 1000M uses all 4 pairs (8 wires), and that method just don't work. But, of course, you can buy another cable with more pairs (like 10-wire or 14-wire) and find another splitters. If you don't want to change the cable - you can search for real 802.3af PoE injectors and splitters (with phantom power distribution).
So, if you have a place for PoE injectors in cluster rack and for splitters on the other end of cables - then you can deliver a power over ethernet.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-3-6 22:16:23 | Show all floors
ppoe board facebook orangepi group

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2019-12-26 00:51:58 | Show all floors
Hi Everyone !

hope you are all having fun with your Orange PI's

Here is my latest Picture of my full working Orange PI Cluster.

Have done a lot to get it look like this :-)

Is probably the only One Worldwide that Looks that pretty :-)

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2023-12-14 03:09:53 | Show all floors
Header tags, the signposts of your content's structure, are a crucial element in the labyrinth of 구글 seo, ensuring your message is heard loud and clear.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2023-12-16 22:43:43 | Show all floors
Explore, discover, and relax with the guidance of 오피뷰.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2023-12-21 21:41:57 | Show all floors
Reliability is what sets 축구중계 apart. Lag-free streaming, every time.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2024-1-6 14:26:56 | Show all floors
누누티비's content library caters to every age group and interest.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list