View: 1712|Reply: 35

Will ffmpeg V4L2 and drm render become available with kernel 6.x?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-3-1 01:16:02 | Show all floors |Read mode

Hello!

I am enjoying starting to learn about my new OPi5 and Rockchip systems and am working on porting a RPi4b software over to my OPi5.
The software relies on kmsdrm display and drm video paths for lowest possible video decode latency.  (its a gaming related software)

I managed fo figure out how to do the video decode but the drm display path with ffmpeg does not seem to work as on the RPi.

I then read somewhere that with an upcoming mainline kernel going to 6.x would enable V4L2 decode and drm paths and display to work.

Can anyone confirm if that comment is accurate?
And if a Orange Pi 5 kernel upgrade to mainline 6.x is something that might happen in the near future?
Or in the not so near future?

Cheers!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-5-31 15:39:41 | Show all floors
I think making a website like you is an advantage for you, I'm happy to share my feelings with everyone, I am very passionate about the game because it is very interesting. Please take the time to experience with me here: retro games

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-6-6 02:25:24 | Show all floors
The DOT oversees safety standards and regulations for vehicles imported into the US. Compliance with DOT standards requires modifications to the imported vehicle, including modifications to lighting, bumpers, and other safety features.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCo8oBiiKo

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2024-1-16 11:47:29 | Show all floors
I appreciate you sharing this blog. For individuals who are looking for pertinent information, this is a huge aid. fnf
Published in 2024-2-26 00:12:47 | Show all floors
The the very next time I read a blog, I hope who’s doesnt disappoint me up to this. I mean, I know it was my solution to read, but I actually thought youd have something fascinating to express. All I hear can be a lot of whining about something that you could fix should you werent too busy interested in attention.        how to make money online
Published in 2024-3-3 18:46:09 | Show all floors
I am usually to blogging we really appreciate your website content continuously. The article has truly peaks my interest. I will bookmark your web blog and keep checking for new info.        Judi Bola

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2024-3-5 11:43:46 | Show all floors
I think yes GPA calculator
Published in 2024-3-5 20:02:19 | Show all floors
Great site. Plenty of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!        sweet bonanza
Published in 2024-3-8 19:11:42 | Show all floors
You completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the matter and found mainly persons will have the same opinion with your blog.        오피야
Published in 2024-3-9 23:00:26 | Show all floors
we are using plastic kitchen faucets at home because they are very cheap and you can easily replace them if they broke::        Rachel Christy
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list