Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 19507|Reply: 7

Kodi vs mpv Video Player on Armbian

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-6-8 18:15:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am running Armbian v5.14 / 5.6.2016 with kernel 3.14.112 on Orange Pi PC Plus

I've installed Kodi from debian repo and it is running fine, how ever, player video is a bit slow (tried both over network, usb or local storage), the wierd thing is playing the same video using the local multi player "mpv multiplayer" works like a charm.

the HW acceleration option on Kodi is greyed out, i was wondering if settings can be changed manually ? for HW acceleration Armbian supports it since 5.10 according to Release History

What i am missing ?

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2016-6-19 09:17:29 | Show all posts
I'm new to kodi, but it had it running for the first time last night and i noticed kodi was using mpv player i was able to play HD no problems.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-6-19 19:48:07 | Show all posts
Unmodified Kodi doesn't use VDPAU on ARM chips. Current workaround is to use mpv as a player, as ARMgunnaservu said.

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2017-5-6 23:20:23 | Show all posts
Kodi 18alpha HW acceleration Smplayer and MPV
IPTV Simple Client, YouTube, .etc http://ua3nbw.ru/all/skripty-dlya-kodi/

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2018-2-1 06:05:05 | Show all posts
Hi, I'm trying to make Kodi work under Armbian for my Orange Pi PC and I started following the tutorial on that ua3nbw provided the link to. Before begining that tutorial, though, there's a link to installing Kodi 18 alpha but some of the steps don't work. When I try the wget code, it tells me invalid options. I'm not very Linux savvy. I really wanted to make Kodi work under an OS desktop, not Kodi on OpenELEC. Did you guys really made things work?

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2018-10-19 04:55:59 | Show all posts
kodi-wayland

FEATURES:
- mainline kernel & U-Boot
- completely open source except GPU (Mali) driver
- latest Kodi
- MPEG2 should work well

russian page: https://ua3nbw.ru/all/kodi-18-mainline-linux-allwinner-h3/

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2021-11-4 05:30:27 | Show all posts

Best Giant Cheques Details

For the people talking about stickers for kids, university boulevard transit shelters, retail printing, floor graphics for concrete,  I highly recommend this recommended cut vinyl lettering advice on top of bc transit bus shelters, development, promotional materials definition, giant cheques from banks,  look at this new promotional materials advice alongside all stickers international, magnetic car signs cheap, giant fake cheques, business cards uk,  try this excellent stickers info for transit shelter ad, print media advantages, postcards online, construction jobs stockport,  Also don't forget this awesome construction signage tips alongside all magnetic car signs custom, decals, development matters eyfs 2021, decals uk,  look at this best construction site for print media jobs, construction signage standards, architecture,  alongside all this great wall graphics details as well as brochures crossword clue, wall graphics for offices, promotional materials definition, construction industry scheme,  look at this useful retail printing site as well as vancouver road signs, transit shelters manufacturers, cadogan hall, advertisements 2020,  try this best brochures blog for magnetic car signs nz, promotional materials tagalog, construction signages pdf, brochure printing,  Also don't forget this excellent stickers tips and don't forget magnetic car signs near me, banners and signs, retail bill printing machine, post cards for business,  look at this excellent development details for promotional materials synonym, window decals for cars, business cards printing, See More Luar Biasa Sbobet Bola Situs 57afcb2

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2021-11-30 13:54:23 | Show all posts

New Mobile Robot Site

What are the primary benefits of Autonomous Mobile Robots

1. Greater Flexibility
Autonomous Mobile Robots are flexible and agile in their automation, as they are dependent on their onboard sensors and cameras to function. Autonomous Mobile Robots do not have to follow predetermined routes. They can instead design their own efficient routes within a facility. This helps them avoid obstacles. Autonomous Mobile Robots can also be adapted to be changed to perform different tasks more quickly than other automation technologies that require more time and effort to program. Check out this Cross docking robot info for more.

2. Safety Improved
Autonomous Mobile Robots are stocked with sensors and cameras. The cameras help the Autonomous Mobile Robots interpret and understand their environment. Autonomous Mobile Robots are able to move effectively within a facility without hitting products, people, or infrastructure. Human operators operating machines, like forklifts and other machines are not as safe and depend more on input from humans. Autonomous Mobile Robots don't have the same risk as human operators. Human operators can become disoriented or fatigued which could lead to accidents. Employing Autonomous Mobile Robots to perform tasks that can be easily repeated thus allows the operation to remove the potential for human error and drastically improve the overall security of the facility.

3. Rapid Implementation
Autonomous Mobile Robots can realistically be deployed within an operation in between four and six weeks according to the requirements of an operation. It is important to note that Autonomous Mobile Robots require integration with picking and warehouse execution software. Even at the top end, this is a small time frame, especially when you look at other technology. It could take upto a year for a goods-to person (G2P), system to fully operational.

4. Scalability
Autonomous Mobile Robots are simple to set up in the facility. This allows you to use a modular approach to deployment. Start with a few units, and add more as your business expands or your requirements alter. It is possible to start with a small amount and expand your fleet in stages. This will save you a significant amount of cash upfront. This modular deployment provides capital to use for other projects, as well as allowing you to assess the impact Autonomous Mobile Robots have had on your company and figure out your next steps.

5. Moving between facilities is simple and easy.
Because they realize that automation is in their very near future, some companies might be hesitant to invest in automation options. This logic makes sense. A new system will not be required for two years, so why implement it? Autonomous Mobile Robots may be useful in such situations to bridge the gap. Autonomous Mobile Robots are able to be used quickly and effortlessly between facilities, that allows for automated processes in the short term. Businesses that intend to operate in the short-term will benefit from Autonomous Mobile Robots.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2022-1-20 06:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.037625 second(s), 22 queries .