View: 4440|Reply: 1

Safety-Critical Design

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-8-7 01:21:25 | Show all floors |Read mode
When I write a program having crude timing loops, even if I can increase the priority of the program, there is still the worry that some other task will occupy the CPU and the loop timing will not be met.
Suggestion: have a mechanism that assigns my program to one of the cores and refuses to allow any other program to use that core.

Notes:
- There may still be contentions for accesses to peripherals, but they should have a minor effect on timing loops.
- I'm not sure how to handle requests to the kernel when other cores are also requesting kernel services ... are they guaranteed to be of short duration?
- This is an inefficient use of resources (my program could be sleeping during a "delay" function but still refuse access to the core), but I believe this concept is still marketable, especially in safety-critical applications.

Or is there another way of dealing with this issue? There is a whole industry interested in safety-critical computers.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2022-5-13 20:50:49 | Show all floors
Safety-critical design requires a great deal of planning and testing before it goes into production. Designers must consider all aspects of their system from conception through implementation and maintenance phases. You should consider visiting https://masterbundles.com/graphics/patterns/polka-dot/ source for downloading premium Polka Dot templates. They must also consider the effects that changes can have on the safety of their product or service over time.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list