View: 8298|Reply: 5

Don't work Lirc on Latest version(2016.08.02) OpenElec

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-9-2 05:11:47 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello! sorry my english is bad! But..... I use OpenElec version 2016.06.02. My remote controller work good.My previous settings was:

1. OpenELEC:~ # systemctl stop  kodi
  2. OpenELEC:~ # systemctl stop  eventlircd.service
  3. <font color="#0000ff">OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER
  4. Protocols changed to other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec rc-6</font>
  5. OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -c
  6. Old keytable cleared
  7. OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t
  8. <b>Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
  9. 1472755551.371967: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x70765
  10. 1472755551.371979: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
  11. 1472755552.761035: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x70761
  12. 1472755552.761045: event type EV_SYN(0x00).
  13. 1472755553.525956: event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x70762</b>
Copy code
Then i create autostart.h and so on... It's worked very well
But when I update my OpenElec on version 2016.08.06 remote controller broke. I erase flash card and write OpenElec version 2016.08.06. But when i tune remote controller, scancode don't display
  1. OpenELEC:~ # systemctl stop  kodi
  2. OpenELEC:~ # systemctl stop  eventlircd.service
  3. <font color="#0000ff">OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER
  4. Protocols changed to lirc</font>
  5. OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -c
  6. Old keytable cleared
  7. OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t
  8. Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
  9. ^C
  10. OpenELEC:~ #
Copy code
I behold, that  "protocol changed" (green сolour) is different.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
OpenElec version 2016.06.02
OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER
Protocols changed to other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec rc-6
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
OpenElec on version 2016.08.06
OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER
Protocols changed to lirc
This may be a problem? Can you help me?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-9-2 05:20:56 | Show all floors
All protocols except lirc are not loaded by default anymore. You have to create autostart.sh (http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Autostart.sh) and add lines like
  1. modprobe ir-nec-decoder
Copy code

Change "nec" part with a protocol name you really need. You can, of course, load all modules you listed with "-p" parameter, but it seems wasteful. Chose only the protocol your remote really supports. BTW, actually, if you follow IR remote setup from FAQ topic you don't need to do anything, as it uses RAW (lirc) decoder which support more or less all IR remotes.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-9-6 06:30:48 | Show all floors
I used the xbox 360 remote configured with irrecord and was perfect. After the update August there was no way it was good, went mad, again and reconfigure it was the same. I have now set another control remote that I had  with irrecord and is perfect. It is the only way I've found to work

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-15 17:02:18 | Show all floors
Edited by jpascher at 2017-5-15 17:59
jernej replied at 2016-9-2 05:20
All protocols except lirc are not loaded by default anymore. You have to create autostart.sh (http:/ ...

It is exactly as explaned here by jerney, exept in my case i had to use a different modul sunix-cir. My board is a orangepipc+ and with Armbian as basis for OPENelec.
Se also this thread i posted about LIRCD and IR
https://forum.armbian.com/index. ... ceive-ir-with-lirc/
OPENelec. Kodi version is 15.1  i got it working with keyboard and IR remote. Worse drawback no VNC possible, since there is no normal desktop root login. Speed of Videos was a lite bit better. Remote control a bit easier to set up as on Armbin desktop. Uses also Lirc and ir_keytable. Kernal Modul for ir (modeprobe sunix-cir) must be loaded first by editing /storage/.config/autostart.sh  lircd.conf is on a different place in /storage/.config/lircd.conf  Lircmap.xml is on the same place as with Armbian installation.
One can find everything in the OPENelec wiki.  
How to setup ssh, how to edit autostart.sh and how remots can be setup. Note:  In the wiki the circumstance that the IR modul mast be loaded via autostart.sh is not mentioned!
Also missing is an explanation how lircd.conf and Lircmap.xml should link to each other. It is also possible to have multiple remotes as well in the Arrmbian or in the OPENelec.
How?
Make more as one lircd.conf file for each Remote control you want to use. Rename each file.  Make a new lircd.conf file that contains only the includes for the other files.
include "./lircd.conf.remotename"   
include "./lircd.conf.remotename2"  
Replace one line i each lircd.conf.remotename:  name /storage/.config/lircd.conf  to name yourremotenamex  the name of your remote. This name must have a representation in the Lircmap.xml
find / -name Lircmap.xml  #find the location of a template-file that makes the final key mapping for kodi)
cp /usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml  /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml  #copy the template to your user directory
If only one lirc.conf is used:
sudo sed -i s#'</storage/.config/lircd.conf>'#'<yourremotenamex>'# /storage/.config/lircd.conf # Replace the Name of your remote  in lircd.config to yourremotenamex or what you want.
sudo sed -i s#'<remote device="mceusb">'#'<remote device="yourremotenamex">'# /storage/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml # Also adapt the name to the same name in Lircmap.xml
If there are more as one remote in use Lircmap.xml mast have a section for each remote that looks simmilar exept the name has to cerespond to the name userd in the individual lircd.conf.remotename.

PS: I did not compare the android version of kodi on orangepipc+
Newer versions of kodi like 17.1 would be appricaitd, dont know if there is allready an OPENelec with the 17.1 or 18 alfa.
I would like to find a way to use VNC as i can if kodi is installed just with the desktop of the armbian Image. Unfortunately the Desktopversion is also an old 15.1 kodi and no h/w exaleration. So it is to slow.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-16 12:19:37 | Show all floors
Hi,
Am very much new to openelec/kodi. Rightnow kodi is working great. I tried to add an ir remote but failed. By default it is loading lirc protocol only. I tried changing autostart.sh by adding nec but still when i save it n reboot and check it is showing lirc protocol only. Kindly guide me to make it work...

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-6-2 02:32:34 | Show all floors
Good evening, I'm not very practical programming, I tried to follow the guide as indicated but I just can not run the remote.
I say that with the old version it worked fine, but even since I updated I did not get it to work.
Sorry. I just can not. can you help me?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list