usable Android image for OPI PC PLUS

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-12-19 03:26:47 | Show all floors
Huntikhtk replied at 2016-12-18 05:09
So wifi works with this image in orange pi pc plus??

yes, it does

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-22 11:50:38 | Show all floors
Can I somehow make it boot to emmc with SD card attach to it?

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-12-25 05:50:27 | Show all floors
lazyJoker replied at 2016-12-22 11:50
Can I somehow make it boot to emmc with SD card attach to it?

I am not sure what you want to achieve...

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-12-29 05:16:38 | Show all floors
Hi guys, I have read all this post but am still confused.. how do i actually boot my Orange Pi Pc plus v1.1 up with this image to install it..
If it was a pc and i was installing from a usb like this i would make sure to select it from the boot menu.
There does appear to be an option like this and all that happens is it loads into the default OS that came on it from the factory..

what am i doing wrong. ( i have tried it with multiple SD cards) well 2... it is possible it could be them but they work as storage drives just fine. in various tablets and phones i have.

If anyone could help me out or if you need more info first please let me know  !

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-1-1 09:53:12 | Show all floors
Snaggs replied at 2016-12-29 05:16
Hi guys, I have read all this post but am still confused.. how do i actually boot my Orange Pi Pc pl ...

can you boot your device from sdcard?Just try armbian, pubuntu, openelec or other os to check. Download the image, burn and try to boot from opipcplus microsd card slot. the procedure is the same also for this particular android image..

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-3 00:51:23 from mobile | Show all floors
Thank you very much. After trying all that it has now worked perfectly thanks for the image and thanks for the help..

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-3 00:53:56 from mobile | Show all floors
Two other questions if anyone knows will this still work from a normal usb stick ?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-3 00:57:12 from mobile | Show all floors
And does i did a factory reset in android when i gave this to a friend and it bricked it and would not get past the boot screen lol. I just reinstalled it and its fine but is this a knowen issue ? Or was i unlucky ?

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-1-3 03:58:05 | Show all floors
Snaggs replied at 2017-1-3 00:57
And does i did a factory reset in android when i gave this to a friend and it bricked it and would n ...

1) booting from usb stick is possible in some linux distros. i never tried this with Android. Read more here: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... =viewthread&tid=342
2) device not bootable after factory reset is highly valuable feature comming with offcial android. Ths is bit complex to exlain.. bt let me try. there is no source code to build own kernel so there is not much you can do in order to build everything on your own. So basically you have to take kernel and related partition layout from official android firmware. official opi android has ~8partitions (system, user data, kernel, config, system backup ...)
To make it even more compex the image byitself is not bootable. You have to use phoenix card tool to apply some magic to it to make it bootable. This means that you have to extract partitions from official image, change it, repack changed partitions back into one img file and than use phoenix card to apply his magic to the image to make it bootable.  Ufortunatelly, phoenix car tool after applying its magic produces overlaping partitions. So my bet would be that wrong data are copied to system partition during factory reset. The not booting android after factory reset is a legacy feature inherited from official android.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-3 16:42:01 | Show all floors
Thank you, it is a great image....is there any android app out there to remote the opi? Any recomendation?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list