Author: BrianBeuken

no sign of life on the board

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-1-18 18:56:35 | Show all floors
Just recieved my Pi PC2 today, and burned an SD with the Debian XFCE Image, but I get nothing.

There is power flowing through the unit as my USB hub with my keyboard and mouse attached has an LED that is lighting up, but nothing on the board, no signs of life at all..

Any advice? Should I be doing something different from the usual plug in HDMI, Network.USB then 5v power unit (PSP unit)?
Hi,
Firstly I would check the voltage at the 5V rail: connect pin 2/4 (5V) and pin 6 (ground) to a voltmeter. If the voltage drops below 5V try a different power supply. As far as I understand you use a USB hub and if that has no external power supply it mostlikely only deliver 500mA which is to low. Many people reported that psp power supplies work.

If you checked that and have sorted that you can concentrate on the image. I have only a PI PC and cannot help with that, but other made suggestions

Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-8-19 06:30:06 | Show all floors
Here is the android for orange pi pc 2 I can´t find it!

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-8-19 15:29:49 | Show all floors
It seems that Xunlong has it only on Baidu, the Mega link is not working...
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-8-20 00:37:50 | Show all floors
I had some help with this problem as well.  We found out that it's not the image to blame, but the program that you write the image to the chip.  Some of the images require you to use Win32diskimage.  For this particular issue, it was suggested that I use PhoenixCard.  Once the image was written to the card with Phoenixcard, the board powered on, and it ran very nicely.
Along with the helpful person, I was also emailing one of the developers, and told them this information.
I hope this information is helpful.
Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list