[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-5-5 19:04:28 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by nickludlam at 2015-5-5 19:11

Hi Igor,
I've been a huge fan of your distributions for the Banana Pi and I was really happy to see you contributing to the Orange Pi community.

I've just recieved my Orange Pi Plus board from Steven, and I'm in the process of unpacking the image I've downloaded from http://www.orangepi.org/plusdownloaded/plus-Debianen.html

Are you likely to produce on of your tailor-made images for the board? I like the way your distributions have a set of questions after install which optimise and customise the installation according to your taste.

Many thanks,
Nick

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-5 19:50:58 | Show all floors
Hi just to follow up on this, I've tried unpacking the image onto a 32GB card and an 8GB card, and neither boot properly. The purple screen comes up (uboot?) but nothing beyond that, and I can see the board resetting itself over and over.

When I get back home tonight I will hook up to the serial port and see what messages are coming up.

Nick

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-5-5 20:06:07 | Show all floors
Hi nickludlam, it seems to be a power supply issue, in first be sure that you use the jack connector (not the otg connector) to power your board, in second be sure that your power supply could provide more than 2 A to avoid any problem at boot time. And in third try the official lubuntu for OPI plus to be sure that is not a software issue ;-)

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-5-5 20:16:03 | Show all floors
Thank you. I got the kernel sources half an hour ago ... and found out that I already had them for months from another Allwinner SDK ;) Those are just a little bit updated.
Don't have much spare time those days. I hope soon.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-5 21:52:32 | Show all floors
lectron replied at 2015-5-5 20:06
Hi nickludlam, it seems to be a power supply issue, in first be sure that you use the jack connector ...

Hi lectron, thanks for the reply.  I'm powering the board via the dedicated power adapter cable that came with it, and I'm using my Apple Laptop to power the board, so I think that should be providing enough current.

I've tried the Lubuntu image, and that doesn't work, but instead of endlessly looping, the system manages to boot into the built-in Android install. The onboard Android distribution works fine, although it's in Chinese so I find navigating the system tricky.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-6 01:11:25 | Show all floors
Argh, I'm a fool!

The system had booted just fine, its just that there's no HDMI output that I can see (and the screen is solid purple). I can actually ssh into the device just fine.  The one thing I've noticed so far is that the load average is high, and the processor runs quite hot. Its sitting around 3 with nothing running in the background, which seems a bit odd, but maybe the kernel needs some work to get it tuned for the H3 processor?

Anyway, so far so good.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list