Author: aegyssus

Best OS for Orange PI PC

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-4 23:55:10 | Show all floors
@Tina

MALI has nothing to do with playing video. MALI is a 3D engine, some basic version of OpenGL, useful for retro gaming, menu system in KODI, etc. ... on A64 HW video works with the same driver while H5 is another story. I heard it should be possible only with "some" hacking since chips are similar ...

Check Cedrus or Cedarx:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Cedrus OSS
http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarX blobs

@Giantofstone
Then how do i play videos with youtube browser for the smplayer?

We provide player (mpv) which is compiled with HW video playback. As a demonstration that it's possible ... How to play youtube video with HW acceleration? Go here: https://www.armbian.com/search_gcse/ and type "youtube" - do some research. It's possible but its not just ready to be played within a browser.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 00:33:07 | Show all floors
Edited by Giantofstone at 2017-1-5 01:02

Will Orange Pi PC ever compress a 300 watt Personal Computer into 5 volt 2 ampere PC to purchase on Steam? So when people aks when what PC do i have? I can proudly say Orange Pi. Or if someone asks me about my videocard, i can say that i use Mali.  That's my whole point.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 02:10:01 from mobile | Show all floors
hello.I am new here and hawe bad english.But if you can help me.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 02:12:05 from mobile | Show all floors
I want to run on orange pi pc plus h3 1gb ddr ,print server,nas or media server  and conect 1tb ex disk on it to run torrent box all on one board.I biy 2 but get one.Waitin gor second.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-5 02:14:20 from mobile | Show all floors
Is able to someo e upload som img.reddy for do that.Cous I hawe problem to install all that.Try many of image but alwais hawe new priblem.Pls help.Thank you.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-1-6 11:56:22 | Show all floors
Edited by aegyssus at 2017-1-6 12:00

@lemi1
What kind of problems you have to download the images? I was able to download from all the links mentioned above. I guess we'll need more details in order to help you.

It appears that Armbian answers most of my needs as, even it's a bit slow (but not much slower than others), it gives me a decent gui with libreoffice + Internet + support for my rt5370 wifi card.
Youtube is not watchable and VLC cannot resize the video (it's always 1:1), and the videos stay on top... but it's fine. I can live with that for a while.
Cheers.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-6 16:27:47 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2017-1-6 09:29
Or if someone asks me about my videocard, i can say that i use Mali.  That's my whole point.

You have to accept possibilities that your assumptions are wrong. Here is another explanation, more into detai:
https://forum.armbian.com/index. ... mi-outputs/?p=22562

even it's a bit slow (but not much slower than others

According to our benchmarks Armbian is actually just little faster than other builds, even we run on lower speed - to producing less heat and gain stability.
Use mpv player since it's the only one that support HW acceleration, VLC doesn't.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-1-6 23:08:04 | Show all floors
Thanks igorpec.
Given the smoothness of the video in VLC, I was pretty sure it's accelerated.

My main concern at this time is how to improve the web browsing experience... it's very laggy and my kid has hard time to submit simple math answers on IXL.
I basically updated the system to latest libraries but there is no improvement.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-6 23:40:29 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2017-1-6 16:42

Just check CPU utilisation when playing video. If you will see some load, than it's software.

Thanks igorpec.

My main concern at this time is how to improve the web browsing experience... it's very laggy and my kid has hard time to submit simple math answers on IXL.
I basically updated the system to latest libraries but there is no improvement.

I am afraid this part is not yet developed and I don't know if anyone is working on it. One step further is to use some lightweight browser like Midori.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-20 15:45:02 from mobile | Show all floors
@aegyssus,,,Thanx for contact..Ok  now   I want ti instal on it  PRINT SERVER,MEDIA SERVER OR SOMETHING FOR SHARE MY MOVIE OVER HOME AND OUT METWORK,THEN WONT TO DOWNLOAD TORRENTS FROM PHONE SOMETHING LIKE REMOTE DESKTOP  WHEN O AM AT JOB AND WHEN COME HOME TO WATCH .  When i boot all that images armbian,debian,dietpi,i try everithing.And that my board not support 64bit.I try to instal chromium for remote desktop and not support,then try teamviewer and wont open error,then instal cups but can't share printer.I instal torrwnt client but cen't remotly add torent to download.Is there some preinstaled images with all that to just plug and play options .1month from buying orange pi and do nothing with.Sorry for bad english and hope beterr.Regards
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list