View: 4473|Reply: 1

A car lighter powered OPiLite project - How to solve frequent on/of switching...

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-3-28 21:00:43 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,
My project for Orange Pi Lite will be used in a car. To make the installation easy for everyone I would like to supply it from car lighter socket. Of course, this solution is not perfect (frequent insert/pull the plug by the user, current decays etc.).
I mean problems with switching off without shutdown. I also mean how uSD will stand it.
For now, I thing to attach an 18650 cell with booster/charger which will work as a "buffer" to keep current when the lighter socket is off. But I am afraid that it can keep power only for 1-2 hour. Is there a possibility to check the power level of the connected cell and shut down the system when the power is low? Probably a connection will be needed for that booster to send signal to OPiLite? Or maybe there is any other solution?
My second question is about to put OPiLite to use less power when it has nothing to do? I mean automatically or forced by a script (first to go low when there is nothing to do and then to go high, when job should be done).
Greetings!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2021-1-12 20:06:10 | Show all floors
Legitimate custom research writing serviceshave become popular since students seek Research Writing Help Services and research paper writing services in USA colleges.

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list