View: 6943|Reply: 2

How to set multiple screen resolution on Display options on Orange Pi PC 2?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-4-17 04:35:32 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi everyone,

I'm using this following tutorial: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Fine-Tuning/ but after test multiple stuff, ain't going nowhere, please what should I do to set lower resolution on my OPI PC 2 H5?

Thank you very much

Regards

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-6-30 21:23:57 | Show all floors
Excellent question. No idea.

It's different for different models. Although it's not a lot of help, autodetection of resolutions seems to work for the OPi PC2 in Armbian. However Xorg has some odd but not severe bugs, uses simplefb with no hardware acceleration, and is pretty memory hungry. I do use it sometimes.
The distributions of Linux with the Legacy kernel seem to have a bug with autodetection and manually specifying a resolution. It doesn't work with either of my monitors which is frustrating. I did manage to get it to work on a television with HDMI. Useless to me but it did confirm that it does actually work on some hardware.

If anybody knows a way of specifying the resolution for the H5 legacy kernel, please say so. I'd like to know too. At least point me in the right direction. Even where it actually is in the source tree.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-6-28 11:11:38 | Show all floors
same problem here with a OP Win Plus
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list