please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 22340|Reply: 25

OrangePi 2G-IOT: No boot with 16GB microSDHC UHS-I Class 10 (ADATA)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-4-24 23:50:12 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by carlos.armentac at 2017-4-24 23:49

Hello folks

I'm trying to boot up the official Linux Server Image for the "OrangePi 2G-IOT" with a  16GB microSDHC UHS-I Class 10 (ADATA brand) without success. I wrote the image in Windows with Win32DiskImager, and in Linux with dd and Etcher with the same results.

With a Class 4 micro SD It works well.

Is the OrangePi 2G-IOT SD Class 10 incompatible?

Thank you in advance!

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-4-30 06:46:51 | Show all floors
I have one of my 2G-IOT working with a Lexar 8G Class 10 card, manually resized to full capacity using the Ubuntu distribution.

So ... must be a different problem, not the "class 10".

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-3 20:07:40 | Show all floors
So far I have tested a Transcend 32GB Class 10 and a Kingston 8GB Class 4 without luck, flashing both armbian and Ubuntu server with etcher on Mac. The orangepi doesn't light up the red red. As I don't have yet the usb-ttl adapter, I can't see anything else....

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-5 22:48:27 | Show all floors
daca11 replied at 2017-5-3 20:07
So far I have tested a Transcend 32GB Class 10 and a Kingston 8GB Class 4 without luck, flashing bot ...

I am having the same issue.  I have tried multiple different cards and multiple Linux images.  None seem to boot.  However, I am making some assumptions since there is so little information on this device.  When I try to boot via NAND, the red LED comes on, which is suppost to be the power.  When I move the switch to TF, the red LED never comes on.  I am not sure if this "by design" or if there is a problem with my card.  Also, can anyone expand on the role of the On/Off switch?  Do you need to turn on the device after applying power?  It doesn't seem so but anything anyone could add would be helpful.

Jonathan

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-6 00:07:53 | Show all floors
jmoeller replied at 2017-5-5 22:48
I am having the same issue.  I have tried multiple different cards and multiple Linux images.  Non ...

Hi I have the same problem, I'm using a Sony MicroSD C4 - 4GB, this is a problem? also I have the USB-TTL Cable, but when I configure the COM port in putty I can not see anything, what are the dip switch positions to check this? is there another manual?

Thanks.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-9 23:28:53 | Show all floors
As jmoeller I haven't managed to load any image yet after several attempts using windows and linux.
Have any body managed to boot anything? I have tried with armbian and ubuntu server and several sdcards.
And i'm having the same problems than raimundo151179, USB-TTl shows anything....
Really really annoying, I can't even log in....
Today some of the download links for the images where broken.

I will give one attempt more with android and ask for a refund.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-10 01:34:20 | Show all floors
Just an update from my end in the hopes that our shared ignorance might result in something.  I also purchased the USB TTL adapter and I am getting nothing.  One item to share, I have had success with some cards that seem to boot or at least power up with the device is toggled to boot from SD.  I have found that you must use the power button to turn it on.  I have never had it turn on with just power and it doesn't always work with the power button.  Seems very, very flakey in general.  Unfortunate as I had high hopes for this device.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-10 03:18:01 | Show all floors
Hi, I have three SD card and any of them could boot from SD. Sandisk 16GB class 4, Sandisk ultra 16GB class 10 and  PNY 8GB class 10. In the TTL debug can show messages with baud 921600 that say the device boot from NAND.
I have only orange pi 2g, sd card, jumper in boot from sd, usb TTL and power 2A.

This is the log boot
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AqWq9WTqoiWMsBmV_E3XZkJ87JFS

How could I do to boot from sd card with armbian or ubuntu?

Best regard.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-10 04:38:36 | Show all floors
Here is an update from my end.  I hope it might help you, migueldc...

I was successfully able to boot Linux with the TTL working... once.  Upon reboot, it hangs at "Created slice system-getty.sl".

Here is what I did...
MicroSD card - SanDisk 8GB HCI
System Image - Ubuntu Server (5/5/17)  - The same card hasn't worked with any other Linux build (did I mention this seems flakey?)

I was wrong about what I said earlier regarding hitting the power button.  It is not necessary, if your device is going to boot, it will boot when it gets power.  If it doesn't then it isn't going to.

I have found that you need to disconnect power when switching MicroSD cards.  It seems it won't boot otherwise.

I will continue to try to update on my progress.  BTW - Same Server image doesn't load using three other MicroSD cards I have tried... flakey

Jonathan

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2017-5-10 05:55:25 | Show all floors
jmoeller replied at 2017-5-10 04:38
Here is an update from my end.  I hope it might help you, migueldc...

I was successfully able to bo ...

Check out this thread
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list