threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-10-19 09:26:23 | Show all floors
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-10-19 09:27

Hello All,

Just a quick progress update:

1.3.2 is in the works but progress has been slow because we are still without many testers for our development channel.  This leaves us to do testing when we have time and recently we have been pretty busy with our real lives.

We have been fighting a few bugs to get 1.3.2 out and also we have had to rebuild Bluetooth support to fix some issues resulting in breaking support for a lot of Bluetooth dongles.

We may push out 1.3.2 here in the next few days, but if we do it will likely be without fully working Bluetooth support. This will however fix a lot of other bugs introduced in 1.3.1.

If you have some time to contribute to help testing, we invite you to stop by our IRC channel and chat with us!

Thanks again to all of you who support H3Droid and help to keep us relevant!

Cheers!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-23 05:33:06 | Show all floors
Hello! Very SLOW Youtube. OPI+2E H3Droid. Ethernet connection.

speedtest.net write
upload 40 Mbps
download 49 Mbps
ping 20ms (!)

Another WindowsPC connected by same cable write:
upload 77 Mbps
ping 1ms

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-10-24 06:36:27 | Show all floors
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-10-24 07:34

Hey All!

Today we are happy to release H3Droid version 1.3.2 which includes some long awaited bug fixes and a few new features!

New / Fixed in H3Droid version 1.3.2:  
- Fixed wallpaper chooser
- Fixed settings button in overlay
- Changed navbar and launcher3 layouts (needs clearing launcher3 app data if you updated to see changes)
- Added sounds back (without ringtones)
- Removed battery indicator from systray
- WiFi fixed, please test and report back!
- New usb wifi dongle support: mt7601u
- Enabled settings: data usage, accessibility, keyguard
- Added settings icon to all-apps- Disabled zswap, enabled /data/swapfile (128M)
- Kernel: changed to SLUB, upped min free mem, optimized for speed, enabled stackprotector and seccomp
- Fixed h3armbian installer (final customization wasn't running)
- CSR Compatible USB dongles should work for Bluetooth, please report issues. (Onboard Bluetooth is currently still not supported).

We apologize again for the delay in releasing this version but due to bugs and a lack of people to a test our development builds, things are taking a bit longer as we progress to fully test.

If you have time to be an development build tester we would welcome you to come by our IRC channel #H3droid on Freenode IRC network and get in touch with us.  We are happy to provide development access to those who have time to go through the image and provide useful feedback.  We will soon be planning to add the development channel to auto-update in H3resc for those who participate, so it will make testing even easier!

The FEL installer is currently in BETA and we are looking for people to test here as well.  You can find the current BETA software on the Fel Installer page on our website!

As always, please feel free to provide feedback here on the forum, on our feedback form or come chat with us on IRC in #H3Droid on Freenode!

Thanks again to everyone who has provided their time and support to H3Droid!

Cheers!

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-26 05:04:14 | Show all floors
- Added settings icon to all-apps- Disabled zswap, enabled /data/swapfile (128M)

Why is this for? zram is good thing (if this zswap is the same) especially for boards with less ram (512Mb, even 256Mb). 128Mb swap is standard in Armbian, but once the system reach the need of swapping, it became almost unusable anyway. And i think, there were bug in Armbian with swapping, if it's not fixed already. Is there any problem with zram, so you disable it, because it sounds like step back to me?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-26 17:31:44 | Show all floors
@RagnerBG: in low memory situations there were problems with zram not being able to allocate pages. plain swap is more dependable (even if slower). and before you start complaining, please test first and report actual issues (if there are any)
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-27 04:14:25 | Show all floors
I am not complaining, just been curious, because zram have it pluses in boards with less ram. But if there are issues, ok. I am trying H3Droid in OpiPlus2e, so memory is not an issue for me.
Anyway, i just test the new 1.3.2 version. Very nice work . Only had issues with image burning, before discover H3resc, which is very useful set of tools. Raw image write give me only color test screen and i'v notice there was no uboot and fex, set up, so i guess i had to go through H3resc anyway, but i burnt it directly. And setting image file, instead of device, wasn't working either ("could not get the size of ---.img", or some error like this). But this is not so important. Important is that OS is working fine, so far, so - good job. I just wonder for now, why there is second Power button (on the left of the actual) which appears to do nothing? I would prefer to have "reboot" there, for example, without the need of installing an App. And Power button doesn't look to be real poweroff (green led continue to lite).
Thank you for your time to doing this.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-27 13:18:01 | Show all floors
the second 'power' button is bound to 'TVPOWER' keycode, but it's not working (same story as tvpower on ir remote). and remember, whole project is work in progress, with some features added to be tested on before reaching fully functional.

ps. if you are happy with the image dont forget to support the project (either by spreading the word about it or throwing a beer or two via h3droid.com/donate  ;) )
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 22:28:57 | Show all floors
Hi all. H3Droid is a great project. I use it for a couple of hours and i notice that when i install Armbian, the image is for opi + 2E but my board is opi PC. Is this normal?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 23:09:31 | Show all floors
does it work? do you have any issues? if not, then yes. it is normal

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-28 23:49:20 | Show all floors

how to change the default IR control layout, I tried to rename to sunxi-ir.kl.bak and create a new one with the same name, but still with default layout
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list