H3Droid - Android image developed specifically to work on Allwinner H3 devices

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-27 06:02:34 | Show all floors
Hello All!

H3Droid 1.2.6 is now available for download!

Updates / Changes in version 1.2.6:
- Performance Improvements
- Fixed samba browser in Filemanager
- Predexed build (first boot should be faster)
- Added checks for required tools
- Changed 672->624 for dram in opi+2e and opi+ fexes
- Workarounds for systemd/automounter
- Added opipcplus u-boot
- Started testing for FriendlyArm NanoPi M1 (fex available and can be used with opipc u-boot but DRAM needs set to '576' in fex for stable experience)

We look forward to hearing your feedback, because of you we are currently at 405 downloads and climbing!    

Remember, the more feedback we get, the quicker bugs will be addressed and resolved!

You can post here on orangepi.org or you can use the feedback form on our site!

Also, if you have a moment, please stop over at http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... d&tid=2765#lastpost and vote for your preferred installer!

Thanks again for all your support!

Cheers!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-27 22:28:58 | Show all floors
vocês tem que colocar em imagens iso para que possa ser instalando no windowns

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-29 00:40:16 | Show all floors
Edited by clasie at 2017-5-29 00:42

in 1.2.6 work with smoth except youtube, i didnt know what happen, but after automatic update play service and play store & youtube to the latest, when i seeing livestreaming, it always stopped play..

and waiting for 1.2.7 for all usb slot working for autoboot..

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-29 01:39:53 | Show all floors
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-5-29 01:41

Hello @clasie

in 1.2.6 work with smoth except youtube, i didnt know what happen, but after automatic update play service and play store & youtube to the latest, when i seeing livestreaming, it always stopped play..

This is not only in our image, I am having this issue on my tablet (x86 android), phone (Moto X)  and my Vim Pro which uses Android 5.1 with new versions of Youtube.  it seems as well as introducing certifications in the new version they have also introduced some new bugs as well.  I would suggest submitting a bug report to Google about what you are seeing along with the version number and asking them to fix it.  We know this isn't a H3droid problem because if you disable updates and use the version included with the image it works just fine.

Cheers!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-29 03:04:20 | Show all floors

if talk about another device, my tv box and my phone work normaly, but that all use MM /6.0, maybe because i use newest app in kitkat os..

yap i try doing that, uninstal the update off play services, play store, and yutub, but i still got that problem with old app..
first time 1.2.6 boot, yutub is ok, but when iam loggin in to play store, that playstore update automaticly.. and the problem coming..

if there are any solution about that, i will try it.. thanks bfore

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-29 13:26:51 | Show all floors
Hello @clasie

If you open up playstore and go to settings first thing, after first boot, you can disable updates from there and stop any that are on going by going to 'my apps' and clicking to stop updates after disabling auto-update.  

Cheers!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-29 15:48:42 | Show all floors
Great! I'm really appreciated about what you guys have done.
I've looking for how to change landscape display to portrait display mode ( 1920*1080 hdmi -> 90 degree rotate)..
If your team could help me to do it, It will be greatful for what I'm doing..
I've already sent to you a email about this... plz help me

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-29 23:49:39 | Show all floors
Hello @akm

As was discussed in our chat with you today, right now it does not seem that rotation works correctly.  We have a way to hack the display to display in a different orientation as discussed but this doesn't help much as the desktop doesn't turn as well as would be expected.  We hope to review if this is a possible to fix in a later version of H3Droid as time allows.

--

We also wanted to make a general update about some progress we have been making over the past few days...

We have recently began to support the FriendlyArm NanoPi M1 and NanoPi M1 Plus boards! We expect to have full support for the NanoPi M1 and at least partial support for the NanoPi M1 Plus in H3Droid 1.2.7!

When it comes to the NanoPi M1 Plus, with some outside help from a few volunteers including the great people over at Armbian, we are about half way there!

So far, we have managed to get gmac or the 'gigabit ethernet' working on the NanoPi M1 Plus. After spending some time with reviewing the kernel, u-boot and fex, we finally found some changes needed in the fex file to get it working.

While we have the ethernet working and are pretty sure this should be ready for the next release, the WiFi will be another story as it looks to need some software specific changes to work and we will need to work out how those will be integrated. Full functionality may be delayed until 1.2.8 (or later?) depending on how development goes over the next several weeks.

In the meantime if you have a NanoPi M1 board and would like help getting your board working, feel free to stop by our IRC Channel #H3Drooid on Freenode and we will try to help you as time allows!

Thanks everyone for their support! Remember, it is your feedback that drives our development, so please let us know your experience!

Have a great day!
The H3Droid Team

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-5-31 18:05:23 | Show all floors
to anyone asking about 'upgrades'. in 1.2.7+ it is possible to do just that (either via installer or h3resc boot menu), which leaves user apps and settings intact
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-31 18:43:53 | Show all floors
kotcza replied at 2017-5-31 18:05
to anyone asking about 'upgrades'. in 1.2.7+ it is possible to do just that (either via installer or ...

WOW thats great news about the upgrades. That makes me want to put it on the eMMc of my Opi+ 2E. The one thing that migh spoil it is fact the power button doesn't  seem to work so the only way out is to pull the power plug. The power button works on Opipc, short press = sleep and long press = reboot.

Thanks for the hard work.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list