Author: ivanelbigfoot

ROOT ANDROID

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-6 02:07:34 | Show all floors
Some firmware is rooted and some isn't. Instead of trying to root your current firmware you might try installing a rooted img. BTW: which hardare and img are you using?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-11-6 02:26:20 | Show all floors
One hardware platform can run many different firmware versions. It's up to the programmers whether or not to allow root access. It's in the software, not the hardware. Looking for root exploits for your hardware usually works because lazy programmers start with a generic firmware for that hardware and add their own tweaks, so the exploit attacks the base generic firmware. If the firmware has been tweaked to block generic exploits or has been rewritten from scratch then the common root exploits won't work.

I just went through this with my OPI-PC and found the easiest solution was to switch to a rooted firmware.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-11 14:42:05 | Show all floors
Edited by nitr0 at 2015-11-11 14:57

supersu is only a tool to manage root autorization
you can not root  android with supersu.

i test Android_MMK_v1_OrangePI-PC.img , this android img is pre-rooted ( thx loboris )

maybe test easysoft rooting android like kingroot , not sure its work : http://www.kingroot.net/
and check if all is ok using root checker : https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .joeykrim.rootcheck

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-1-19 08:19:51 from mobile | Show all floors
i would like to root my OPI pc

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-2-22 23:52:03 | Show all floors
splodgie replied at 2016-1-30 02:53
jandro,   I just used KingRoot on my Opi PC std android rom,  It is now rooted and working OK.  This ...

I tried the same several times and when the process reaches about 58% it stops with the message: 'Unable to root. Try desktop version.'. Sometimes the first restart is at 25% and the second at 30%, sometimes the first restart is at 17% etc. but it never reaches 60%.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-2-25 09:30:43 | Show all floors
Edited by chupo_cro at 2016-2-25 09:32

Success!! :-) After more than 2 hours and countless reboots/retries it finally rooted the device. Thank you very much for the info!! I am now going to backup the SD card with Win32DiskImager.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-2-27 00:54:04 | Show all floors
splodgie replied at 2016-2-25 14:39
Hi, Happy it worked OK in the end for you. It was better to make the video to show it will root the ...

I wouldn't expect it would finally work after so many retries if I didn't watch the video. What I noticed is there were more than 2.5 GB of logs after once the rooting was done. I forgot to check the logs' files timestamps before deleting the files so I am not 100% sure if those logs are the consequence of the rooting process - but I am pretty sure they are.

Here you are how I tweaked Button Savior soft keys - you can see them at the bottom-center of screen. There are separate settings for the triggering icon/area and the position/layout of the buttons so it is possible to trigger the soft keys at the right edge and to show them at the bottom. What I did is to set swipe triggering and noticed there is a bug so the icons can be triggered by just positioning the mouse pointer inside the triggering area - which is (at least for me) even better than having to swipe.

However, I still didn't find any way to show running programs. Button Savior has the option to use its or Android's native task manager but the rectangle button doesn't work (it worked only once!!). What is interesting is I once before did something with the mouse and currently running programs showed in the small windows but I can't reproduce that again :-/ Alt-TAB just opens the shortcuts to the recently used programs but that is something else (not currently running program).

BTW, now the device is rooted I could check the other Button Savior version requiring root access but I didn't notice any difference between root and non-root versions.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-11-20 08:32:04 | Show all floors
Edited by Hiloz at 2016-11-20 08:36

i just downloaded the kingo root apk file from the website and one click root. done and working on first try with OPI PC. took about 1min.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-5-3 04:56:25 | Show all floors
Edited by gounthar at 2018-5-3 05:19

Kingo Root did not work for my One Plus. Neither did KingRoot.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-5-3 14:12:02 | Show all floors
I do not have much experience with rooting Android devices.
However for testing purpose I wrote the Android image to an SD card for my One Plus. Never had a Display on it, just connecting through serial. I could execute "su", so a su binary seem to be available.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list