Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 4177|Reply: 5

Flash Player for Orange pi zero on Debian 8 (jessie) desktop

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2017-7-29 09:32:24 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by 8bitbacon at 2017-7-29 09:34

Hi I am new, I just purchased an orange pi zero and I installed debian 8 desktop on it. Not bad, pretty good. I have chromium pre installed and I did some tutorial that converts me into an i386 device so I can try the pepflash from the adobe site, now when I did all that the flash plugin crashes each time automatically. I also tried gnash (a modified version of flashplayer) but I couldn't get anything running my best luck was using crutziplayer which you are supposed to open swf's with but I dont know the file location it requires the plugin to be in, anyways if any of you know how I can get flashplayer or a modified version of the player to work on orange pi zero please let me know and I will donate something to you via paypal.
Oh and I also did sudo-apt get install wine, and it gave me wine32 but the program would not run im cool with wine, so please let me know it could be with flash projector, wine, a plugin, a modified version just find something that runs for me. And if not for debian give me an orange pi zero compatible os that will run flash ( dont mention android orange os) because phoenix burner wont burn on any of my computers and the ui isnt suitable as a desktop either, And please be specific on what the repository script looks like for my sources list if you want me to install something.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-7-29 18:32:29 | Show all posts
For internet and multimedia, Android is your best choice. Phoenix card is a little pain in the back. I don't know who is the creator of this and why it is the only software for Android images in this Chinese toys, but it's horrible. I only wish the creator of this sh*t, to have to use it more often for his own. For successful burning with this excuse of a software, i recommend to use new sd card, format it with SDFormater, using FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase) and FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON. Then, when you receive error in Phoenix card (not if, when for sure) remove sd card physically and plug it aggain, then repeat burning.  You will probably have error again, but some times burning is ok. Instead of this, you can try H3Droid, it is better than stock Android and have multiple ways of installing to your device, avoiding the need of using this Phoenix card crap.
About Linux it have little support - no, or partial working VPU drivers, but not in official image, i presume, you installed. Try Armbian with vdpau h/w acceleration. And no flash for sure, nowhere. You can browse and watch flash videos in Armbian, using h/w acceleration with SMTube (part of SMPlayer), using built-in mpv player as engine. No flash plugin support in browsers, as far, as i know.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-7-29 18:54:39 | Show all posts
wget http://dl.free.fr/qVkzvqSiB4.0k -O pepper-flash-v20.0.0.228-r1.tar.xz

tar Jxvf pepper-flash-v20.0.0.228-r1.tar.xz

cd pepper-flash

sudo mkdir /usr/lib/PepperFlash
    sudo cp * /usr/lib/PepperFlash

sudo pluma /etc/chromium-browser/default

CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=20.0.0.228-r1"

enjoy
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-7-29 19:54:00 | Show all posts
This will work the same way, as HTML5 in Firefox - no h/w video acceleration in Flash. 360p/480p will be kind of playable probably, 720p+ - not and there may have problems in fullscreen.

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-7-29 22:25:43 | Show all posts
Edited by 8bitbacon at 2018-9-19 07:15

wow tokka I have probably put in over 40 hours into getting flash player to run and it wouldn't work, and now with your good instructions it is finally running very nicely! I feel like I owe you atleast $5 on paypal so message me your paypal email thanks alot

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-9-2 12:13:49 | Show all posts
Edited by 8bitbacon at 2017-9-2 12:29

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2021-2-28 18:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.030204 second(s), 22 queries .