please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 7517|Reply: 2

Any H5 images support CSI camera interface? (or whats needed?)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-7-30 12:58:07 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi,

I've got an H5 Zero2 and wanting to get the camera running on a linux image.

Anyone know if any of the standard images will run this out of the box?

Or if there is a known path to success?

Or what problems exist and how I can contribute to get it running?

So far, I've tried loading a couple of images, followed by

1. # modprobe gc2035
  2. # modprobe vfe_v4l2
Copy code

I do not see any messages from dmesg after this. I expect to see similar output to on OPi1 saing the camera is connected and the driver is loaded.

I'm fairly familiar with the kernel driver code and have already made downstream changes to gc2035.ko and vfe_v4l2.ko for the OPi1 to get round the annoying ffmeg error.. I haven't upstreamed it because it might break other cameras, I stopped digging and testing when it worked for my project. I am happy to help with whatever contribution is required to get this working?

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2017-8-6 10:33:25 | Show all floors
The steps you took are correct and you should see the driver messages as you see in Opi1.
This image is under stress test as shown here: https://youtu.be/LndfhkKW2CY tpo see how it performs.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-8-9 14:19:11 | Show all floors
Thanks Lex.

I've made progress running Debian 8 image, and the chip is recognised and correct messages (+ debug) in dmesg and uart output. I've tried to build a complete image from sunxi source but none of the flashed images appear to produce a working sd card. Invariably the message on boot is that it can't recognise the file system and reverts to emmc load.

I haven't managed to get HDMI working with my DVI monitor, but this isn't entirely a limitation at the moment, since i'm working on a server project.

However, the wifi is constantly dropping out, so even keeping the dist up to date is painful.

Is there an update package for wifi, I can get before any other update?

Console error is:
  1. [  283.994560] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_is_linkdown : Link down Reason : WLC_E_DEAUTH_IND
  2. [  284.002729] link down, during connecting
Copy code
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list