Looking for simple Autostart media player for Halloween on Orage Pi one

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-9-15 23:01:34 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by DAD405 at 2017-9-19 11:12

I want to use a orange pi one as a simple media player for Halloween. (for an animated Picture frame)
Please help me with this task.

I thought of the following Setup:
Pi is attached via a HDMI to VGA Adapter to an old LCD Monitor.
After boot it should auto-start to play a List of video-files in a Loop. (maybe only one file if list is not possible)
Optional: on a trigger an other File (maybe at random from an other list or maybe two triggers) should be played, back to loop when finished.
All should happen in full screen with simply no on-screen messages, sliders etc.

I have no special knowledge on programming any of the os-ses found on armbian, so I'm free to choose what ever fits best for the task.

Currently I managed the Pi to boot up, and get an image on a hdmi device but get stuck when using the hdmi to vga adaptor.
Message from the Monitor(s) on one wrong signal, on other wrong resolution, on third simply no signal.
This might be the first problem to solve but I think it will depend on the choosen os.

What is the best combination for the task, or does anyone have build a thing like this and can point me in the right direction?
Any help is welcome.(sorry about my bad english)

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list