View: 7570|Reply: 3

2g IOT LIPO battery powering , and working USB port

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-9-30 11:50:54 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi ,I am trying to connect a USB storage device to 2G IOT USB port , but its not getting detected . I have read in the forum that both the MICROUSB and USB ports of 2G IOT donot work together , so i tried to power the 2G IOT with battery source .  I tried to connect  5V dc source to the VBAT+ and VBAT- pins , but the device is not powering up . However  apart from the vBAT pins there are 5v dc and gnd pins at the back , when i connect my 5V source with these pins the device powers up  . But the USB is not detected .

Can someone please clarify , how to power up the device by battery and also get the USB port to detect the pen drive . thanks for the help

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2017-10-11 11:14:18 | Show all floors
Usually 2G-IOT could only enable one of the USB or USB OTG, they could not work together. You could set the dialswitch for USB or USB OTG to work. If you want to power by battery, then pls set the jumper cap for battery power on.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-5-9 15:30:31 | Show all floors
Hi, please can you explain how to set the jumper cap for battery power on? I cant power the board with VBAT pins too.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2020-3-27 05:27:39 | Show all floors
Pls only connect +3,7V to the VBAT pins, is is designed for LiPo battery!
After soldering and power is stable, you need to pres the Power micro-butten once to switch the OrPi on.  
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list