Trouble booting Linux

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-6-7 21:53:55 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi All,
Got my Orange Pi Plus at the end of last week, and really impressed with the speed it boots into Android - and it seems nice and fast.
However having problems booting any verions of Raspbian/Bananian/Debian.

I have an original Banana Pi board, that I got around a day or so after my Orange - and I thought that I should be able to put the SD card into the Orange - and it would work?  (Yes I know the Banana is a bigger card - I use an adaptor)

So far, if I boot up the Orange with any SD card in - it doesn't boot...I have to take the SD card out to get it to boot - and then of course all I get in Android.

I have a 32GB Sandisk Class U1 (10),
a Samsung 32GB Class 10 and an unbranded unclassified 2GB.

I've tried all of these, with multiple images.

I just wondered if anyone could point where I'm going wrong.

Should the Orange power up with the SD card in anyway?  Even if there is a problem with the image?

I'm using Win 32 Disk Image 0.9.5 which works fine for Raspberry/Banana...

Any advice welcome, thanks.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-6-9 15:59:43 | Show all floors
Good news everyone...it appears for whatever reason it didn't like my cards when formatted with Win32DiskImager...
I had Debian 8 and Ubuntu installed on another partition, and have manage to create bootable sd cards with both Lubuntu and Bananian.

I used the quickstart guide - but on Ubuntu when I downloaded the *.img.xz it automatically opened up a restore disk image option.

I selected my SD card, from the drop down list - and it worked a treat...

So if anyone else is having problems booting - I suggest download a copy of Ubuntu Live, or install it on a spare disk - and use this option.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-6-9 23:09:34 | Show all floors
how to  create a bootable sd cards with both Lubuntu and Bananian on diffrent partition ,and boot one of them optionally ?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-6-10 00:46:04 | Show all floors
No two cards, 1 with Lubuntu 1 with Banania...but I'm sure it's possible - I've created multiboot disks/USB disks and even PXE.
Not really something I'm concerned about at the moment...I do want to get Retropie/Emulationstation running on the OPIP - to see how it compares to the RPI2.

The RPI2 was substantially faster than the RPI, and I'm wondering what how the OPIP handles PSX/N64 emulation with the extra speed etc.
Has anyone played with emulation/Retroarch?

Will keep you posted on my progress!
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list