View: 9708|Reply: 5

Anybody here runs Kodi under Armbian?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-1-31 03:57:15 | Show all floors |Read mode
I have Googled, made posts on 3 forums now but no help in sight. I have an Orange Pi PC in which I would like to web browse on and use Kodi but Kodi crashes for no reason. It crashes after about half a minute for no reason (whether I leave it alone or go through options).

I have Armbian Ubuntu Xenial for desktop installed. I cannot find any other OS that takes advantage of Mali, so I'm stuck with Armbian (and its supposed big commmunity) and OpenElec from...jsnej or something. However, OpenElec obviously has no web browser.

Has anyone successfully run Kodi through a desktop OS on the Orange Pi PC? I don't want to replace this board for another, costly SBC. Much appreciated if I get any replies.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-2-7 20:12:40 | Show all floors

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-2-9 09:41:38 | Show all floors
Edited by AkiraSensei at 2018-2-13 05:15

Hmm, that just seems to be for gaming and Kodi. Better than just Kodi alone but I want to web browse too.

...and under VNC.

EDIT:
Oh, it's under Armbian and has "desktop mode". I'm going to try it out. It should be fun at least to try. Thanks.

UPDATE:
No deal. HVEC (x265) videos play horribly. Well, I give up.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-1 08:23:51 | Show all floors
This really is therefore stunning as well as innovative. I simply adore the actual colours as well as whomever will get this within the postal mail is going to be grinning.        Packers and Movers Surat

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-10 08:09:20 | Show all floors
Definitely As i browse the application last week though My partner and i various brain to sort it out and from now on Need be to enjoy a book the application repeatedly considering it is especially well crafted.        Cruise boat tours

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-21 23:38:05 | Show all floors
Really good write-up, Appreciate it intended for giving That expertise. Excellently published document, but only if many blog writers made available identical higher level of information since you, the online world is a significantly better area. You need to thanks!        safaga evening cruise Tours
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list