Orange Pi One Ethernet LEDs on but the board does not work

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-2-22 23:25:15 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello

I got this board and i'm using a 5 V, 2 amps , power supply with SD card 10! but the system does not boot up

Any suggestion? thanks

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2018-2-23 14:50:24 | Show all floors
Hi,
There are 2 possible cases here:
  • Your power supply is not able to hold stable 5V, many power supplies are rated 5VxA but drop the voltage below 5V. This causes the OPI to stop at the boot process. To check if your PSU holds stable 5V, please use a Multimeter. Connect it to GPIO pins 2 or 4 (5V) and pin 6 (GND). If the voltage stays above 5V the PSU is good.
  • The image µSD card is not written correctly. Please follow the instructions of the makers of the image. Also have in mind that most images on the Xunlong/OrangePI pages are outdated. I use armbian and RetrOrangePI images from their web pages on my OPI and have no problems so far.

Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-2-23 20:42:15 | Show all floors
Edited by Kian at 2018-2-23 20:59

I've checked the voltage , it's around 5.1V! then the problem must be the SD card

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2018-2-24 16:05:49 | Show all floors
Okay,
If you use Android, there are reports of other users (I use armbian) that there are problems with the pheonix flash tool. Please have a search in the forum.
If you use armbian, please download it from their side (link) and follow their instructions (link).

I hope that helps ;)
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-14 04:34:34 | Show all floors
It's a very good guide, Bless you designed for issuing all of us this post. Continue advertisment.        Packers and Movers in Kolkata
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list