Author: loboris

Linux Distributions for Orange PI H3 boards

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-6 18:18:06 | Show all floors
tinamore replied at 2015-11-6 07:51
Hi use OrangePi PC and image Ubuntu_wily_mini.img [2015.10.23] of loboris  in: http://www.orangepi.o ...

This is strange. Could you try to download scriptbin_kernel.tar.gz from Mega and copy/rename script.bin from there ...

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-6 20:11:36 | Show all floors
Loboris, thank you for your work on Debian8 images!

I have using the Raspberry Pi for some years. Last week I swap to the mutch faster OPi2+.

I managed to get all things running. (Samba, Citadel, Cups, VirtualHere, SSH, Seafile, Twonky)
On the Raspberry I have installed TVHeadand with an rtl2832U DVB-T USB Dongle.

But your kernel has no driver for the rtl2832U. Is it possible that someone is compiling these drivers?
I have no crosscompiling envirement installed just now.
The 3.10 Kernel have these drivers.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-6 23:09:39 | Show all floors
loboris replied at 2015-11-6 18:12
@Survive-Pi  To solve the problem with btrfs:
edit the install_to_emmc script, find the mkfs.btrfs c ...

OK, so I just need to try a different OS.  Does Lubuntu count as Ubuntu?  Below is your original list of OSes without the ones the Ubuntu ones.  Should the rest of these work?  I'll start trying them today and let you know what I find,  but are there any of these that you can say for sure won't work?

• OrangePI_Lubuntu_Vivid.img                      Lubuntu 15.04 with LXDE/Lubuntu Desktop
  • OrangePI_Jessie_Xfce.img                          Debian 8 with XFCE Desktop
  • Fedora22_Minimal.img                                Fedora 22 minimal image (without Desktop)
  • Fedora22_Mate.img                                    Fedora 22 full Mate Desktop
  • Fedora22_LXDE.img                                   Fedora 22 LXDE Desktop
  • Kali_2.0-Xfce.img                                       Kali Linux 2.0 with full XFCE Desktop
  • ArchLinux_Minimal.img                            Arch Linux basic image (without Desktop GUI)
  • OpenSUSE_Tumbleweed_JeOS.img        OpenSuse JeOS  minimal image (without Desktop GUI)
  • OpenSUSE_Tumbleweed_XFCE.img        OpenSuse with full XFCE Desktop
  • Gentoo_full_cli.img   

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 00:32:59 | Show all floors
loboris replied at 2015-11-6 18:12
@Survive-Pi  To solve the problem with btrfs:
edit the install_to_emmc script, find the mkfs.btrfs c ...

i want to use 8192cu in Kali 2.0,do you have any solusion?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 01:07:18 from mobile | Show all floors
PeterPan replied at 2015-11-6 20:11
Loboris, thank you for your work on Debian8 images!

I have using the Raspberry Pi for some years. L ...

Loboris kernel has such drivers.. But simply they aren't loaded by the system.. This is the issue I've reported some posts ago.
I'm waiting for a kind Loboris answer.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-7 01:13:27 | Show all floors
etopi replied at 2015-11-6 16:09
OK, so I just need to try a different OS.  Does Lubuntu count as Ubuntu?  Below is your original l ...

Firmware loading should work in Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and Debian (Jessie & Wheezy)
Lubuntu is Ubuntu with LXDE desktop (and some Ubuntu modification), but the image uploaded is 15.05 (Vivid).
You can download the minimal Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and install LXDE (Lubuntu) desktop yourself (see the 1st post).
Maybe I should upload Ubuntu Trusty with full desktop. It is older, but firmware loading works, and it is faster.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-11-7 01:19:04 | Show all floors
giacomo892 replied at 2015-11-6 18:07
Loboris kernel has such drivers.. But simply they aren't loaded by the system.. This is the issue  ...

Sorry, I don't have any experience with dvb-t drivers, so I can't help you.
Related to firmware loading, see the previous reply.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 01:44:42 | Show all floors
loboris replied at 2015-11-7 01:13
Firmware loading should work in Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and Debian (Jessie & Wheezy)
Lubuntu is Ubun ...

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'm going to try this Distro first.

• OrangePI_Jessie_Xfce.img                          Debian 8 with XFCE Desktop

I also have Fedora and Kali.  I might try Fedora as well, but I don't think Kali is actually what I'm looking for at the moment.  If you could do a Ubuntu Trusty that would be awesome, but I'm sure you're ridiculously busy alread so no worries either way.

Thanks again.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 02:53:57 | Show all floors
Debian Jessie wouldn't recognize my keyboard.  It wasn't a USB issue because I switched my mouse and keyboard around and still didn't work.  The mouse worked fine.  Not sure why this is, but didn't have time to play with it.

Moved on to Fedora.  Keyboard worked fine this time, but when I tried to run fs_resize it said command not found.  Again, not sure why this is, but didn't have time to play with it.

Plugged in my USB wifi and got the same results as I did on Ubuntu found in post #906 in this thread.  I'm guessing I have to blacklist the default driver and load the 8192cu.ko module, but I didn't have a chance to test it.

I'm taking off for the weekend.  I'll give it a try on Monday and report back.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-11-7 03:17:34 | Show all floors
loboris replied at 2015-11-7 01:19
Sorry, I don't have any experience with dvb-t drivers, so I can't help you.
Related to firmware lo ...

Thanks for your reply.

Firmware loading IMHO is another issue. That DVB-T dongles doesen't need any firmware just the kernel module the load and "manage" the device.
As I said, the lobo1 kernel has all the modules but when you plug the dongle nothing happens.. just a line in dmesg. If I manually load the modules (they load) but nothing more happens... Do you have any idea why we have all ingredients but nothing happens?
btw i'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian 7/8 all with the same issue. So i'm commencing to think that this is a kernel issue. Or it is too old.. or simply bugged. Can you try with your experience to compile a sunxi-next mainline kernel for our OrangePI-PC?

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list