Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
Author: loboris

Linux Distributions for Orange PI H3 boards

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-6-23 06:33:33 | Show all posts
Edited by loboris at 2015-6-23 07:18
matteobp replied at 2015-6-23 05:43
I tried both "OrangePI_Ubuntu_vivid_Mate" and "OrangePI_Debian_jessie_base". I run for both of them  ...

I'm glad you've got network working.
You cannot expect to have audio in base image, there are nothing related to audio installed.
There are some problems with Debian jessie, that's why I've not uploaded Debian desktop image.
Some applications wont run without root privileges (they run only if started with sudo), nano, htop, pluma...
It is still complete mystery to me, it has probably something to do with policykit, but for now there is no solution.

Video does not work well, there are no hardware video acceleration for now. I can watch video up to 480p in SMPlayer without problem.
If you want to watch youtube videos in browser, it will never be possible on this board (on Linux).

Please use the Ubuntu images for now.

My Ubuntu Mate installation boots to login screen in less then 20 sec. Try to install plymouth-disabler package.

Good news, I've got OPI-2 running at full 1.54 GHz, with no core killed. I'm testing it for stability.

Post time 2015-6-23 07:07:08 | Show all posts
We are asking Allwinner help to release hardware video accrleration interface for linux. Please everyone wait for a while.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 12:36:15 | Show all posts
"You cannot expect to have audio in base image, there are nothing related to audio installed."

Question:
I have installed Ubuntu base image and no sound via Hdmi.
I choosed this because I want xfce instead of mate.

Is it possible to add sound to the base image

or must I took mate, deinstall mate desktop and install xfce.

Thx

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 13:24:55 | Show all posts
Hi,

I do not have sound in hdmi I got "waiting for sound system to respond" on mate sesion. Is it possible to set sound on HDMI ? I tryied to use manual in some previous post, but it not work in jeesse matew sesion. I used OrangePI-PLUS_Debian_Jessie_minimal.img because on new one the eth0 is starting but without getting ip4. What drivers in cernel I need to start a sound . do I need to add something to ../modules from kernel tar.gz

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-6-23 14:22:16 | Show all posts
Edited by loboris at 2015-6-23 14:33
john0815 replied at 2015-6-23 12:36
"You cannot expect to have audio in base image, there are nothing related to audio installed."

Ques ...

I'll prepare install_xfce_desktop script later today.
You can modify install_mate_desktop script (remove mate related lines). It is in /usr/local/bin
Do not install full meta packages like xubuntu-desktop, installation will take hours to complete, and you'll get many packages you probably don't want.

Basic sound instalation is:
  1. sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-utils alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-utils alsa-tools libasound2-data pavucontrol --no-install-recommends
Copy the Code

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-6-23 14:30:32 | Show all posts
Edited by loboris at 2015-6-23 14:44

I don't recommend using jessie for desktop installation for now, look at post #91
Please use newest image and update_boot.sh script. There is no reason why you shouldn't get ip4.
About minimal sound see previous post.

I've uploaded to Mega the boot_kernel_lib.tar.gz which contains all boot, u-boot, kernel and lib files from latest images.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 15:59:32 | Show all posts
loboris replied at 2015-6-23 14:30
I don't recommend using jessie for desktop installation for now, look at post #91
Please use newest ...

I updateted the lib directory and the boot files.
Now when starting it hangs some time (~1 min) and after this he want to enter into xfce desktop and then there is a back screen.
I dont know, if this is only with my OPIPlus.

Another thing:
If I want do reboot the board via command or button on rfce it goes totaly down and do not start. This is a thing from the beginning with your system.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 18:58:11 | Show all posts
Hi,

After upload according your manul boot_kernel_lib.tar.gz and update_boot.sh - my OPIPLUS dead, no eth0 etc. there is some error, only that image tahat was 3 days ago on mega and new uImage (after ubot script) works in eth0 but sound not working at all. Where could be a problem, what exactly I need to do sequently - debian image for OPIPLUS - to get eth0 fully working, get sound and mate desktop - could you put OrangePI_PLUS_Debian_jessie_base.img with all required settings, right now is some mash with that. OPIPLUS does not work properly with OrangePI_Debian_jessie_base.img and update boot_kernel_lib.tar.gz causes any problems.

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 19:37:28 | Show all posts
Yesterday I was able to have my Orange PI Plus working using the new OrangePI_PLUS_Debian_jessie_base.img. I prepared the microSD on another PC with Ubuntu.
After writing the image onto SD, I copied the uImage_OPI-PLUS in the BOOT partition, that in my case was /media/BOOT, so the command was
cp uImage_OPI-PLUS /media/BOOT/uImage
After that I run these two commands
dd if=boot0_sdcard_OPI-PLUS.fex of=/dev/sdb bs=1k seek=8
dd if=u-boot_OPI-PLUS.fex of=/dev/sdb bs=1k seek=16400
where /dev/sdb is the SD card reader inserted in a USB port.
The files used to do this was extracted from "boot_kernel.tar.gz", but you can find the same files in "boot_kernel_lib.tar.gz".
But this is what the "update_boot.sh" script do.
The network was ok, and using putty I ran the script /usr/local/bin/install_mate_desktop
The installation was successfull, and now I'm able to connect in remote using x2go client.
There is no audio because it is not installed. See post #91 about this problem and other problem.
http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... 8&fromuid=16899
Later I will try to install audio as suggested in post #95
http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... 4&fromuid=16899

I tried also "OrangePI_Ubuntu_vivid_Mate.img". It is ok, with hdmi audio working, altough I prefer to use Debian version, if other problems will be solved.

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2015-6-23 19:48:06 | Show all posts
I'm finally back from a trip and tried it.  Ethernet now works from me.  I ran the script om an the already installed full mate image.

I am hoping to us the pie for audio application so video performance is not a problem for me.  But the audio needs I have are are the use of audio out to drive headphones and to use usb audio devices.

aplay -a shows the headphone device is recognized but usb devices are not.  
On the bananapi usb audio did not work either but using igorspec's kernel building script I rebuilt the kernel enabling usb auido and it works well.

Are all the sub audio options enabled in this kernel?
Should I try to build my own custom image using the instructnons in the first post?

Mark
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2020-11-24 05:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.035502 second(s), 22 queries .