View: 3757|Reply: 4

Wifi Music Stream from Win7 PC to Opi and play it on Opi ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-3-6 19:29:29 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by OpiNoob32 at 2018-3-6 21:11

I have an Orange Pi lite. And i am an newbie on Opi and similar.

All my Music is on my Windows PC.
I want to stream Music from my Windowss 7 PC with WiFi to my OPi lite. The Opi receive the stream and play it. I want to organize Playlists on my PC.
Change the Title (Play next, Play prev....) can i do on my pc or if not so complicatet with a Smartphone.
Is it possible to stream what i hear on my Windows PC to the Opi? Or must i use a Stream player or Media Center Software?
I know, i need a i2s DAC for my opi.

What do i need for my windows pc?
Is there a Tutorial how to setup this on the OPi?
Any tips? All is helpfull for me.

Thank you.

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2018-3-8 03:45:07 | Show all floors
I use Serviio on my Win7. This can "stream" your videos and music in your network.

On my OPI PC I use RetrOrangePI, boot into Kodi and added a network source to access the Serviio files.
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-3-9 20:17:12 | Show all floors
I think Kodi is oversized for my project. i need only a music player who can receive and play the stream on the OPi.
It is more a Musicbox.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-3-10 19:17:25 | Show all floors
Try to install banshee, it can use the default mediaserver on win 7 (just need to enable the upnp plugin).
Cheers
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2023-12-4 18:36:17 | Show all floors
In the realm of seamless connectivity, enthusiasts can now elevate their audio experience by streaming music wirelessly from a Windows 7 PC to an Orange Pi (Opi) device. This innovative approach allows users to effortlessly enjoy their favorite tunes on the Opi platform. Whether it's creating an ambient atmosphere or setting the mood for an event, this technology opens up new possibilities. For those looking to enhance their gatherings further, consider exploring mobile bar services at https://www.poptop.uk.com/suppliers/catering/mobilebar/ to complement the musical journey with delightful refreshments.

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list