Return to list Post new posts
Author: teo

How to build Android 6.0 image for Orange Pi RK3399?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2018-4-3 14:14:35 | Show all floors
teo replied at 2018-3-30 16:05
Hi admin
I am talking about the method written in the manual.

Pls try to download from the link of tool again, we should have upload it.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-4-9 16:01:50 | Show all floors
Hello after China 4 day holiday
I have spoken on aliexpress with Steven Zhao and he told me that your engineers will prepare a new img file of Linux for RK3399
Can you confirm that? Can we expect a new linux img file on download section..
best regards

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-4-10 03:07:19 | Show all floors
constantius replied at 2018-4-9 09:01
I have spoken on aliexpress with Steven Zhao and he told me that you ...

Hurray!! Lovely news!!

I have had much work lately and have put my "RK3399-project" on hold, but I was planning to start over this coming weekend.

I was hoping I might have missed something on my previous attempt at creating a bootable SD-card and that maybe I'd have better luck if I did it again from "scratch" on a new, fresh, Ubuntu 16 Virtual Machine with a proper gcc-6 install and necessary dependencies for cross-compiling.

However, if I don't have to go through with that just to get a working RK3399-image, I'd be very happy.

DataDataData

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2018-4-10 10:13:43 | Show all floors
constantius replied at 2018-4-9 16:01
I have spoken on aliexpress with Steven Zhao and he told me that you ...

So sorry i do not have any information about new image of RK3399.  Did you really got news from Aliexpress that there would be new image? I think it might be some mistake or mistyping from ourside if we really reply at Aliexpress about this.For development schedule of RK3399, i only got reply from engineers that they will figure out a new method to flash image into emmc.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-4-10 18:27:49 | Show all floors
I must say  that I believe to steven zhao only in 30%..... he cannot judge if images are the whole system imgs or only rootfs images according to your manual..... DATAmannen please does not pospone or daley your job on RK3399. With this systems figured on download section the hardware is useless.Not only me cannot flash linux images via linux upgrade_tool. Output from UF command is flashing failed.... Program does not recognize this images. Only android SDK images can be flashed. BUT some people dont interested in android. We need working linux images. The best choice is Debian 9. Best regards

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-4-10 23:29:53 | Show all floors
who is in your company Steven Zhao? Maybe he is only responsible for selling goods? Maybe i speak with wrong person?
He is not understand what he is doing and have no idea about flashing linux firmware..... Can someone help him...
Iam very tired to speak with him - no progress to resolve problem.  Linux images are rootfs images and cant be flashed via linux upgrade_tool program.  
program not recognize them. And they doent work when with build separately kernel and u-boot images.
Can someone resolve linux problem on RK3399? Everyone busy???? None responsible for that???  
I said to Steven i want my money back from you. On your download www page you promised linux support. Iam not interesting with only one working Android SDK images.
You are not serious people. This is the last thing I purchased from you. My opinion on internet is bad about you.

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2018-4-18 10:33:51 | Show all floors
constantius replied at 2018-4-10 23:29
who is in your company Steven Zhao? Maybe he is only responsible for selling goods? Maybe i speak wi ...

I am so sorry for your experience. The Steven Zhao you talked is our customer service, who is only in the name of Steven Zhao since we only have an account for selling.Let's not talking it is rootfs image or whole image, would you mind just try with steps in user manual again? Since i confirm with other users, the reply i got is working.
Hope you could try it again, the video is not take in a good vision, i will try it later:
https://mega.nz/#!t1sA2BZL!h2aEq ... Crg1pNaNwQQ5CSJabNU

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2018-8-16 21:35:40 | Show all floors
Even going through the manual and additional info provided by support, when you build the image and upload to the board - it is not booting from it. Useless piece of electronic.
Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list