Starting an Orange PI One Plus with Android

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-4-13 03:34:48 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by gounthar at 2018-4-13 04:41

Hi,

I unpacked and put a new Sandisk micro SDHC Class 10 16GB with Android 7.0 downloaded from the Mega link and... nothing happened.
There is some current on the USB port (tried a small ventilator), but the display does not start, the ethernet port does not look connected (nothing displayed on my router) and even the keyboard does not work (no light).
Is there anything I have missed? I had no problem writing the image with Win32 Disk Imager, but Etcher told me the img was not bootable.

I then retried with Ubuntu Desktop beta, and I have a green light on the card, network blinking, and the keyboard works. Unfortunately, it only gives me tons of logs but nothing else.
Thanks.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-4-16 16:35:31 | Show all floors
You cannot install Netflix or Facebook with the android image with google play. How you can solve this problem?

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2018-4-13 11:56:38 | Show all floors
For booting with Android image, burn with PhoexniCard, choose the 'Start Up' mode. The power led will light when the board boot up. For Ubuntu image, is the board enter into system, or only no output on screen?

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-4-13 14:12:25 | Show all floors
Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I will do with Android what you told me to do.
Regarding Ubuntu, I have a console showing lots of logs, looping. After a few halt/start, I managed to get the XWindow system and a working system, but it was gone on the next reboot.
I have your version of Debian working at the moment.
Thanks for your work.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-4-13 16:08:02 | Show all floors
Edited by gounthar at 2018-4-13 19:49

I have written the image with PhoenixCard, and it worked wonder!
Thanks a lot!
I still have some problems because my screen at home can't cope with what is sent by the OnePlus when under Android (but it works when it's running Debian).
The newer screen at work can display what is sent by the OnePlus whatever the OS can be.
What could I setup so that my older screen can display something when running Android?

I still have to
  • guess how to connect it through ADB
  • how to stop/reboot it
  • how to setup a proxy
  • how to make an OTG micro usb hub work (this one works with my Android phones for the keyboard, mouse, wifi dongle but nothing seems to work when using it on the Pi One Plus).

Is there any driver available to connect it through OTP to Windows? Windows can see it as a storage media, but I would need to get it seen as an Android device.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the good work, this thing is FAST!

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-4-20 14:06:57 | Show all floors
Anybody there? I haven't been able to progress on this subject.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-1 18:09:14 | Show all floors
Edited by gounthar at 2018-5-2 04:49

I managed to connect it through USB thanks to Android SDK usb drivers. At last!
It was connected through OTG with no power.
I still have to find how to make it work with my old screen, use a proxy, connect it through the network, and lots of other things.

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2018-5-2 10:44:58 | Show all floors
gounthar replied at 2018-5-1 18:09
I managed to connect it through USB thanks to Android SDK usb drivers. At last!
It was connected thr ...

So sorry i am not good at this, cannot give you suggestion.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-2 15:18:46 | Show all floors
This morning, I can't connect it anymore with ADB.
Go figure...

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-2 21:38:22 | Show all floors
Well, I think I understood a few things. I can connect it through USB to ADB if I don't power it with the power adapter... if and only if my USB port delivers enough current. If I plug the power adapter in, I can't connect it to ADB.
Even if I try
  1. adb tcpip 5555
Copy code
it doesn't stay that way at the next reboot. Even more strange, I have before rebooting two ADB connections (one USB, one network).
I found the settings for displaying something on my screen, but the settings don't persist when I reboot. I think I may have to root the One Plus in order to use the build prop editor app.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list