Orange Pi Zero build modules

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-5-2 11:06:31 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,

First post. I'd like to know how to build the fbtft and fbtft_device (or any other module I'd like to)?
I have a OPi Zero (H2+) and a 3.2" TFT SPI (ILI9341) and I'm trying to interface them. The problem is that all solutions I found here and in armbian forum is using fbtft or fbtft_device from linux's kernels that are not avaiable, or need to do some workaround to make it work (like use another board kernel and change script.bin, or any other), and that could easily been solved building the module and using it. I used the TFT as an example because I have other situations like serial/usb, parallel/usb, webcam and other modules that I'd like to build later.

Any guide or step-by-step I'll appreciate to much. Thank you in advance,
toni

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-5-2 21:22:37 | Show all floors
If you are using a linux image provided by OrangePi check this: https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePi_Build
This will create a cross compile environment mit all tools and the linux sources to build a new kernel for your device.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-2 21:39:57 | Show all floors
Werner replied at 2018-5-2 21:22
If you are using a linux image provided by OrangePi check this: https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/ ...

Thank you for your reply Werner. I have both enviroment (Armbian and OrangePi) in separated vms. But I could not compile it successfuly the fbtft* . And I'd only build the module not the entire kernel :-/

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-5-2 22:21:52 | Show all floors
This could be difficult 'til impossible.
Whats the issue with compiling the whole kernel and shift it over?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-5-3 06:42:07 | Show all floors
Thank you for your reply Werner. I did the trick this way:

1. I download and prepare a build enviroment of the armbian (VM with 20gb + 4cores + 8gbram) just like this https://github.com/armbian/build
2. Then I followed the guides:
apt-get -y install git
git clone https://github.com/armbian/build
cd build
./compile.sh

3. Selected orangepizero , debian jessie, and let it work.. after some time (almost 25min)
4. Burn a SDcard with the image
5. Then , after the first boot, define password, etc.. i rebooted and then logged in as root, and now I notice that the fbtft and fbtft_device were avaiable. So...:
modprobe fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9340 gpios=dc:3,reset:0 speed=16000000 busnum=1 rotate=90
con2fbmap 1 8

And it worked. =)

Basically the mainline distro availble in armbian site doesn't have all the modules and kernel options. It was my mistake. I tought that i only I'll need to download the kernel source and headers, the source of the fbtft and change the makefile anda kconfig and just build a module. But I have no success with that.

I had already build some others kernels, modules, and device drivers for FriendlyARM and WonderMedia boards, but I didn't use the Armbian or the build script. All I have done was in command line use a toolchain and cross compiling.

Thank you for all kindly help, and sorry my bad english.
tonispa

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-5-3 14:03:06 | Show all floors
Glad you figured it out.
No worries about your English. My native language neither

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-1 09:21:58 | Show all floors
Discount put up, Regards for the purpose of showing This unique practical knowledge. Excellently crafted piece of writing, if perhaps virtually all web guru proposed an identical standard of articles and other content whenever you, the on-line world will be more effective destination. Why not keep writing!        Packers and Movers Noida
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list