please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 3241|Reply: 0

OPi Lite2 - cannot mount 2 USB3 drives at once via hub?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-5-20 10:48:11 from mobile | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi all,

I've been running my Lite2 with the Debian desktop edition and have a 3 port plus GBe hub. Connected to the hub is my 6tb USB3 drive - working flawlessly. Detected as /mnt/sba

Today I added a 4tb USB3 drive - but it wouldn't mount and came up with "Transport endpoint is not connected" error. It was detected as /many/sdb

The 4tb drive was empty so I used GParted to create an extended partition formatted with ext4. It still refused to mount.

Rebooted the Lite2 and this time 4tb started and could be mounted. Detected as /mnt/sba.

Now tho the 6tb drive has the "Transport endpoint is not connected" error. Can't repartition or reformat the 6tb tho as that's all my data. Detected as /mnt/sdb

The physical connections were not changed.

Any suggestions as to what's happening?

As an aside - the Lite2 has been working as my mySQL, Samba server while running Sickrage and NZBGet and performance is excellent! Wifi 5.8ghz is running at AC600 (all my router can handle). Having said that Kodi Jarvis 16.1 is so slow it's unusable. It'll just have to continue being the file server with no Kodi.

Thanks
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list