please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 25188|Reply: 17

Tutorials for the Orange Pi (in English/Dutch)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2014-12-23 07:21:22 | Show all floors |Read mode

NameTutorials for the Orange Pi (in English/Dutch)
Open-source ProjectYes
Distribution LicenseCC BY-SA 3.0
The application number1 piece
Applicant self- introductionI'm a 30 year old guy living in Belgium. I have a Master in Sciene option Electronics-ICT and am currently working for a telecommunication company and give worldwide support for the products we make.
I'm a fan of linux and micro controllers.
I'm also part of a Micro Controller Club where some enthousiasts come together on a bi-weekly basis to discuss different realised projects and also discuss ideas for future projects.
Some of the finished projects which were discussed are based on Arduino/Raspberry pi; going from high-speed photography (with custom designed board), a remote controlled Kite photography based on the RPi, XBMC media center with the RPi, temperature and water usage logging with Arduino, ...
The next project which will be presented in our MCC will be a 3D printer based on the RPi.
I already contributed to this community by making (and presenting) a presentation on how to start from scratch with the RPi, installing an OS, installing a webserver and NAS functionalities.
I also explained how to use the UART on the RPi to communicate with another device with a serial connection and how to read/write digital input values.
I've also created a wireless communication setup with 2 tranceivers controlled by 2 Arduinos.

I like to contribute to the Orange Pi community by creating tutorials in different languages explaining basic usage (installing OS, backing up settings) and also creating a NAS, webserver, ...
I will start with basic tutorials and then go on with tutorials based on ideas which are coming from the community or which pop up in my mind.

I would also be able to make tutorials in basic French (depending on the interest in this).
The open source content and the first distribute website1. Hands-on with the Orange Pi (Post on http://share.Orange pi.org/ and/or in downloadable pdf format)
2. Unboxing and Review video (Video on http://www.youtube.com/)
Others The new tutorials can be announced via Twitter (via hashtag #OrangePi) and a blog post.

Single choicepoll, A total of people voted View voting participants

The voting is over

100.00% (10)
0.00% (0)
Your usergroup does not have voting rights
Published in 2015-1-7 15:42:34 | Show all floors
OK,my skype is zhaoyifan_steven

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-2-17 04:01:02 | Show all floors
Leuk om een keer landgenoot tegen te komen
misschien leuk om samen te werken aan een fansite?

Use magic report

Published in 2015-3-1 04:31:22 | Show all floors
Thank you.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-3-4 18:30:47 | Show all floors
Dag Langoor, sorry dat ik niet eerder geantwoord heb, ik kon niet meer inloggen met mijn eigen account sinds mijn cookies gewist waren. (Ik ben eigenlijk een zuiderbuur van u )
Ik heb Steven ondertussen ook gecontacteerd. (Voorlopig werk ik dus even met deze account tot mijn andere in orde is).

Een fansite klinkt wel leuk.

Groeten,

Johan

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-5 01:25:51 | Show all floors
Thanks to Steven to get me back on the forum (I had some problems logging in again after my cookies were deleted, the post above was also made by me just before I was able to login with my own account again).

I was also selected to Road Test the Raspberry Pi 2, I did not yet receive the Orange Pi, but I'm already looking forward to compare the 2 devices. The pin layout of both devices should be compatible too. I already have some tranceivers which I can hook up to both devices to communicate wireless which each other (I used them already with my Arduinos).
An advantage for the Orange Pi compared to the Raspberry is the SATA connector and the Gigabit ethernet.

Are there any other Dutch speaking fans on the forum?
What are you guys and girls planning to do with the Orange Pi?

Use magic report

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-5 16:22:14 | Show all floors
Hi Johan, I am German, but living in Kerkrade in the Netherlands, so I am speaking Dutch as well. I received my Orange Pi sample last week, I am working on some tutorials for my website www.digitaltoys.info (it's in German though), mainly focussing on using the Orange Pi as media/audio player or emulator - the ususal living room stuff... ;-)

Maybe we can join forces by translating each others tutorials and make the available to the community here...

Groeten,
Lars
www.DigitalToys.info - News, tutorials and tests for SBCs

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-3-8 18:16:20 | Show all floors
Hi Lars

That sounds great.

I first wanted to focus on NAS-like activities and attach a display directly to the OrangePi.
First I want to test some basic things like NFS, SSH/SFTP, VNC and some scripting tools. I also wanted to test the GPIO pins usage and compare with the Raspberry Pi 2. And also test different distros (e.a. trying ArchLinux, ...) for some routine activities (like web browsing and such) , OpenELEC or a system with Kodi (XBMC) for media playback and so on.
(I also use an Arch Linux based distro on my regular pc).
I also have an IR keyboard which I would like to test with the Orange Pi.

If you already start with media/audio player then I will focus a bit more on the other stuff I want to test

I'm checking with Steven wether the item was sent (and when), maybe I need to go to the post office because I believe it should have arrived already.
I already got a power supply and 2,5 SATA HD ready to start
I would also love to read (or test) the performance difference between a quad core orange pi and the quad core raspberry.

If the sample Raspberry Pi 2 arrives before the Orange Pi I will already start with reviewing that for element14.

Regards,

Johan

Use magic report

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-9 15:15:33 | Show all floors
Edited by DigitalToys at 2015-3-9 08:16

Hi Johan, cool, sounds very interesting. I started to create a Volumio image for the Orange Pi yesterday, a first version should be available the next days. Kodi/XBMC is on my list as well, but I have to get the resolution issue solved first, a mediacenter with 1024 x 768 doesn't make too much sense...
www.DigitalToys.info - News, tutorials and tests for SBCs

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-4-21 04:12:34 | Show all floors
If somebody is interested in how a transceiver works with RPi(2):
I did a basic proof of concept for the RoadTest of RPi2 for element14. Since the GPIO pins are RPi compatible the usage on OPi should be the same as for the RPi2. I'll write a similar review for the OPi.

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list