Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 1894|Reply: 2

Former IT guy - Now linux/IOT is my hobby.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2015-8-12 04:38:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by doubleatheman at 2015-8-13 05:19

Hey all,

I exited my IT career a few yars ago to go back to school full time to be a Civil Enginner,but I miss my time tinkering with technology. I still build my on desktops, still fix computers for my family, and still game on the side when I have time.

I have always been facinated by the innovation and acessability of budget friendly tablets, and in more recent years HDMI sticks and mini pcs. A few years back when the A13 tablets were new, I purchased one of those for $45. I used that tablet quite a bit, I loaded tons of custom images onto it and really enjoyed troubleshooting all the random driver issues and other bugs it had with software it was not really designed to run. In the end I had it running pretty smooth. I remember being impressed with how good of a computing experiance a $45 peice of hardware could be. I eventually ended up bricking that tablet, and Ive since upgraded my tablet to a Surface 3 (I am a windows guy for the most part.)

I ordered an Orange Pi Mini 2 last week and it is in the mail now. My first project will be simple, just hosting a mini Minecraft server for a few of my friends and I.

Somehow over the years I managed to avoid linux and all coding; but I want to learn more about linux. I want to change that; I know I wont become a master at it anytime, but I want to atleast understand the basics about linux. (I have had some small exposure in the past with Lunix baised VPS servers for some of my past work.)

I look forward to seeing Orange Pi develping into a popular proudct and becomming a common board for people to develop on. I look forward to pushing my little Mini Pi 2 and seeing what is possible with a $25 peice of hardware.

Thanks,

~

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2015-8-12 14:29:54 | Show all posts
please it's linux not lunix.
Boards:
orangepi plus, olinuxino A20, cubieboard A10, mele A2000 .....

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2015-8-13 00:31:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
See I'm new!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-11-16 06:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.031519 second(s), 25 queries .