Orange Pi 3 - support for Z-Wave.Me UZB1 USB / Open Zvawe

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-3-13 03:53:29 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello all
Recently, I have been in possession of Orange Pi 3 - bought with the intention of installing Domoticz on it.
I installed Ubuntu and Debian (debian even updated to version 18) but in both cases the system does not detect
Z-Wave.Me UZB1 USB Controller.
According to the manufacturer's instructions, Lunux has a built-in the stick driver and the device / dev / ttyACM0 should be seen in the system.
Unfortunately, this situation does not occur for both systems.
I would like to add that on the RPI or Windows 10 the USB stick is correctly detected - which excludes possible equipment failure.

Is it planned to enable USB OpenZwawe support in Ubuntu / Debian on Orange Pi3?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2019-3-13 06:05:32 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2019-3-12 23:10

This (will) work(s) on Armbian OOB when released. https://forum.armbian.com/forum/18-allwinner-h6/

I am also playing around with Z-Wave. If you want stable operations (and for smart home you want), you have to choose hardware that is matured. Not the latest ones - perfect board for this would be some H5 or H3 variant.

Raspberry Pi is a simple 10 years old technology. Linux kernel is matured there. Kernel matters! Installing "Debian" or "Ubuntu" or upgrading doesn't change the most important thing - kernel.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list