login|Register
Forum > Open source education
看28280|回20|Favorite
fipsi 看全部
2019-7-21 16:08:41
Edited by fipsi at 2019-7-27 18:04

Hi!

My name is Philipp and I'm teacher at a school for higher technical education in Vienna, Austria.
I'm teaching software engineering and system technology and I'd like to focuse more on Open Source and SBCs in my lessons. So I did some research and found out about OrangePi which unites SBC and Open Source.
I'd like to show my students that they have the control with Open Source and what's possible with SBCs..

More in detail I'd like to do the following things:
  • theory about Open Source, SBCs and OrangePi
  • explaining the hardware
  • writing programs in python or sh (server apps, shell scripts, task automation, etc..)
  • animating them to do further research/coding at home or with friends

I'm really passionate about what I do and I'd really like to enrich my lessons with OrangePis and Open Source education. My students are aged from 14-17..

What do you think?

EDIT:
As more details were requested I'd like to add the following information:

The school I'm working at is called HTL Rennweg and is located in Vienna, Austria.
I teach students about coding and different types of licences (Apache, GPL, etc..) and Open Source. I encurage them to build projects on SBCs because of the low operating cost and the ability of using a lot of hardware.
I'd really like to tell them about OrangePi and would be happy, if I could get one or two...

I'll keep you all updated about the progress on our schools homepage: https://www.htl.rennweg.at/

Regards, Philipp
Single choicepoll, A total of people voted

您需要登录之后方能进行投票
MUzair33 看全部
2019-11-6 19:46:36
Edited by MUzair33 at 2019-11-6 19:52

Hi there, they are not giving away anymore pi
i applied for a pi and succeeded for more than 10 positive votes but they didn't gave me any pi even after several emails, they just  declined.
I hope u may get one
Albrecht 看全部
2020-3-3 19:26:26
Hello Philipp, it's a great idea to enrich your lessons and I'm sure your students will like it immensely. I teach university students and we often have workshops or bootcamps (our last project: 6 Days Raspberry Pi Bootcamp for Engineering with SkyfiLabs).
Albrecht 看全部
2020-3-3 19:27:07
Edited by Albrecht at 2020-3-3 19:28

quote:

Albrecht write my essay today replied at 2020-3-03 13:26
Hello Philipp, it's a great idea to enrich your lesson and I'm sure your students will like it immensely. I teach university students and we often have workshops or bootcamps (our last project: 6 Days Raspberry Pi Bootcamp for Engineering with SkyfiLabs).

Do you have a planned curriculum with the topics for teaching OrangePi theory already?
geev03 看全部
2020-4-22 19:39:10
Orange Pi-PC , with the latest Kernel and Armbian, is good for FOSS educational programs / OERs
attachment: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有账号?Register
1234.. 5NextPage

OrangePi En