2G IOT MAC Address changing

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2019-12-3 00:40:49 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi Forum

I wanted to know if someone else in the community has faced the problem of MAC address changing on everytime reboot. This is happening with my 2G IOT OPi.

Another problem I am facing is that it takes a lot of time to boot from SD card every time power is recycled or reboot is initiated. It actually does go through the complete loading process again. I don't have this problem with my OPI Zero.
1. Prepared SD card with the Debian image downloaded from Mega Cloud
2. Move the jumper to SD card boot
3. Inserted SD card
4. Power ON the OPI 2G IOT

Please guide me in case I have missed to complete some step.

Regards
RRATRA

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2019-12-30 22:36:41 | Show all floors
1. The Mac Adress Changing is normal with the Orange Pi 2G IOT, Their is as far as i am aware a fixed kernel but the kernel version is totally old 3.xx something.
( I might write a tutorial on howto fix it ). But if u need the MAC adress for a static IP to reach your Orange Pi i just advice you to use a Dynamic IP Adress service.
Boot from the SD Card is always a bit slow.  But one question what exactly do u meant with " complete loading process again " ?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-10-10 02:54:23 | Show all floors
Changing 2G IoT MAC addresses raises security concerns. While it may offer some level of anonymity, it can also be exploited for malicious activities. Properly regulated, this feature could enhance privacy without compromising network integrity. Balancing innovation with safeguards is crucial for a secure IoT ecosystem.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-10-20 19:26:31 | Show all floors
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon a fantastic guide on how to access your Mac remotely, and I thought it would be incredibly useful for this community. In a time where remote work and tech-savviness are vital, this resource can be a game-changer. The guide, available at https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-access-your-mac-remotely, covers various methods and tools, making it a comprehensive solution for accessing your Mac from anywhere. It's well-structured, easy to follow, and suitable for all Mac users. I noticed that several members here were discussing remote access recently, so I hope this helps. Check it out and share your thoughts! Let's continue sharing our tech insights to make everyone's digital life a little easier.
Published in 2024-1-25 19:50:41 | Show all floors
Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website.        roof cleaning southampton
Published in 2024-1-26 18:58:22 | Show all floors
I really don’t accept this particular article. Nonetheless, I had searched with Google and I’ve found out that you’re right and I had been thinking in the improper way. Keep on creating top quality material similar to this.        Packers and Movers Faridabad to Bhubaneswar
Published in 2024-1-27 22:43:36 | Show all floors
Merely  a smiling  visitant here to share the love (:, btw  outstanding  style.        https://daga1.tv
Published in 2024-1-31 14:18:32 | Show all floors
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all. However think about if you added some great photos or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this site could undeniably be one of the best in its niche. Fantastic blog!        Packers and Movers Kolkata to Jaipur
Published in 2024-2-1 18:51:18 | Show all floors
When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox now when a comment is added I receive four emails with similar comment. Will there be however you possibly can get rid of me from that service? Thanks!        patio cleaning grimsby
Published in 2024-2-1 21:04:52 | Show all floors
There are actually obviously quite a lot of details like that to take into account. That is a superb point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly you’ll find questions just like the one you bring up where the most essential thing can be working in honest fine faith. I don?t know if most excellent practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game.        roof cleaning surrey
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list