[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2019-12-15 03:26:14 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by Konhaivo12 at 2019-12-17 14:23

Hello everyone,,
I am using single board computers for quite some time. My first was Banana Pi Pro which i bought somewhere 2014 as soon as it was released. It was much better for my use then Raspberry in those days. After that i bought Orange Pi Pc/ Raspberry Pi 3/ Orannge pi zero. They all worked 24/7 running different stuff. All had good power supplys and memory cards. Banana pi Pro is still running, Raspberry Pi 3 also but Orange Pi Pc simply died after about 6-8 months. It was running with same type of psu as banana pro. Orange pi zero had strange issue of randomly freezing on any OS it was to unreliable for any usage and after several attemts it just died and become completely unresponsive to anything even no output to serial.
Now i want to know does this happenes to other people to or I am just  unlucky one that got bad units? Was that child sickness of early boards? Are new boards improved in quality?
I am thinking about giving Orange third chance. But before I throw some money i would like to hear other experiences. Thank you! snaptube.cam/ syncnet.onl/telegram-web/ 9apps

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2019-12-19 15:11:45 | Show all floors
> The guys from Armbian, Ubuntu and other users work, and Orange Pi just sells and makes money.

Xunlong is among few companies that actually supports Armbian with a donation. But most of the costs are still our private ones. End user donations covers only
1/365 days per year ... if everything else would be free.

Ubuntu/Canonical is business entity. A corporation that sell services and they mainly resell 3rd party Debian software and invest very little into the public domain development. In case of hardware in question, IMO virtually nothing. Support is developed almost entirely by communities around Armbian and sunxi (http://sunxi.org/), chip companies, board vendors, ...
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list