I2C on Orange Pi 3, Armbian buster

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2020-1-9 07:46:04 | Show all floors |Read mode

Hi,

I am facing an i2c problem on orange pi 3.

The i2c0 is enabled in armbian-config.

The i2cdetect output is correct, as I know my two slave boards connecting to gpio pin3 (SDA) and pin5(SCL) have the addresses 0x20 and 0x23.
pi@orangepi3:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y 0
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: 20 -- -- 23 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                        
pi@orangepi3:~$
However, when I use wiringOP library to access(read and write) slave i2c chip(mcp23008) registers, it always return -1.

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    int fd_s1 = wiringPiI2CSetup(SLAVE_1_DEVICE_ID); //0x20
    if (fd_s1 == -1)
    {
        std::cout << "Failed to init I2C Slave 1 communication." << std::endl;
        return -1;
    }
    int fd_s2 = wiringPiI2CSetup(SLAVE_2_DEVICE_ID); //0x23
    if (fd_s2 == -1)
    {
        std::cout << "Failed to init I2C Slave 2 communication." << std::endl;
        return -1;
    }
    std::cout << "I2C communication successfully setup." << std::endl;
    int reg_read;
    reg_read = wiringPiI2CReadReg8(fd_s1, REG_IODIR); //The register address is correct, as this code ran on raspberry Pi correctly
    std::cout << reg_read << std::endl;
}

Run output:
I2C communication successfully setup.

In the wiringPi library (in wiringOP), the code in wiringPiI2C.c shows that all APIs return -1, if the ioctl system call returns fault.

Not sure what I should investigate next step to solve this problem.

Thanks.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-6-1 16:47:24 | Show all floors
I researched your information and found it useful. Then play entertaining games like amanda the adventurer

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-12-5 20:10:35 | Show all floors
Experience the convenience of creating and delivering sundaes with the latest iteration of papa's pizzeria , specifically designed for Android smartphones. Enjoy enhanced gameplay and user-friendly controls tailored for mobile devices.

Published in 2024-1-24 12:46:22 | Show all floors
whoah this blog is great i like reading your articles. Keep up the great paintings! You know, a lot of individuals are looking around for this info, you can aid them greatly.        Thể thao Thabet
Published in 2024-1-25 17:06:19 | Show all floors
Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!        roof cleaning portsmouth
Published in 2024-1-26 22:51:22 | Show all floors
Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.        Packers and Movers Navi Mumbai to Moradabad
Published in 2024-1-27 21:15:08 | Show all floors
There are pros and cons to taking this approach. But you can make the child custody hearing work to your advantage by knowing what the court expects from you as a parent.        https://daga1.tv
Published in 2024-1-29 20:58:38 | Show all floors
I must say this information was very interesting. I stumbled onto you using a google search and was rather thankful for your rank for this article.        Packers and Movers Chandigarh
Published in 2024-1-31 00:01:21 | Show all floors
I’ve recently started a blog, and the information you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.        mattress cleaning newcastle
Published in 2024-1-31 17:19:35 | Show all floors
I have observed that in the world the present day, video games are classified as the latest rage with children of all ages. There are times when it may be unattainable to drag the kids away from the games. If you want the best of both worlds, there are plenty of educational activities for kids. Thanks for your post.        Packers and Movers Chennai to Mumbai
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list