Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 990|Reply: 6

What material are the buckyballs made out of?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-1 15:11:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
I haven't opened it as it is for a gift. It seems like everything we hoped for when reading the description. I was kinda surprised at the smallness of them, but that's my fault for not comparing the advertised size with a measuring device before clicking.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-2-1 15:12:33 | Show all posts
Bought these for my son so I'll share his thoughts first. His first observation was that the balls are heavy. He says that they provide his hands and arms with both exercise and something to do when he is fidgety/bored. The magnets are very strong. He can put them on the table far apart and they will roll towards each other. He likes making up games with them which gets his imagination going. When a ball rolled into the pool we discovered that it picked up what seemed to be firework residue. We thought that was neat! My observation is that they are visually appealing. The colors are very pretty! I agree with him that they are heavy and strong magnets. We encourage him to play the tossing games over a carpeted area mainly because of the noise when they hit the floor.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-1 15:13:06 | Show all posts
I bought these on a whim because they look cool, were relatively inexpensive, and, well, who doesn't love magnets? Especially spherical ones - When I got the set of 6, the whole set seemed like a lot to handle at once, so I gave 3 to my 14-year-old son to play with. He generally doesn't like anything without a screen, but he had the same reaction - they feel REALLY cool in your hands. They're pretty dense and have some mass to them and the magnetic attraction is pretty strong - when you place them within an inch or so of another one they accelerate and will impact with a sharp CLACK unless restrained. You get a sense of the polarity and the magnetic fields surrounding the magnets when you hold one in each hand and bring them together. These would make a great gift - for a geek, a physics student, a fidgeter, a person who has everything, or a Captain Queeg fan (Bogart/Caine Mutiny). Thinking about getting another set to keep on hand as a last-minute gift - universal appeal (at least in my universe).

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-2-1 15:13:21 | Show all posts
These are powerful magnets that can be experimented with. Kids think of all kinds of games with them. I like them because they are beautiful to look at. They are heavy. If you have kids that like to throw things then don't get these. If you get one of the balls anywhere near the other they will start to move. They are also nice for people who like to fidget with something in their hands.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-1 15:13:49 | Show all posts
The strong magnetic balls are heavy and larger than they appear in the picture. My three year old can carry one at a time in his hand. He likes to see what sticks to it. My daughter 7, likes to put the balls into varied shapes and try to stack them. If they happen to fall down, beware that they can hurt or damage tile.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-1 18:00:23 | Show all posts
I got these for my nephew for Xmas. I took them out to play with them and I be honest it was nice to kill some time with them. Not all the Buckyballs are magnet but that is not a big deal. The set is not really big so I would be careful if you have little ones that like to stick stuff in their mouth. All in all I say its a great set. I expected it to be slightly bigger based on what I saw in the pictures. I would recommend the products being sold with a tray kind of thing so that when the balls fall off, they are not all over the floor. Otherwise, if you are not playing with it a lot, it is a good showpiece.

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2020-4-6 14:32:53 | Show all posts
bowmasters download pc   
Hi dude thanks for the useful post. I love that
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2020-7-5 12:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.030914 second(s), 22 queries .