Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 839|Reply: 6

Guide to halal food choices

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-2-2 15:37:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
Indeed this is a good post for this forum considering the lack of general resources available for those with Halal dietary requirements. Hopefully we can build this particular thread up with some additional helpful thoughts, suggestions and resources. I would also encourage all seeking information regarding Halal food requirements to make sure you spend time researching on the destination specific forums once you know where you are travelling to. The local forum contributors and experts will be best positioned to assist your queries if you need local Halal certified food and restaurant recommendations.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-2-2 15:38:17 | Show all posts
After seeing it on this forum thread I included a link to zabihah website when answering a question about halal food on the Singapore forum. Another DE then wrote this - "A word of caution. Be very careful of using search engines, apps and websites when searching for halal dining options. Imo, only patronise those that have certification from the religious authority and Muslim-owned outlets. There are many outlets claiming that they served halal food. "No pork no lard" does not mean halal. As for, I personally found errors in their listing. Eg. Baja Fresh Mexican Grill is listed as halal when they have pork in the menu!" So I guess Apps and websites are good, but please check on the destination forum for local recommendations of Halal food establishments.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-2 15:38:55 | Show all posts
The word of caution in using Apps is well acknowledged. Like any other Apps or web sites, one should use it as a starting points to find what you are looking for, be it restaurants or hotels and then zoom in further to verify the quality and credibility of the establishment by reading reviews or seek opinions. Most of these Apps or websites simply could not possibly verify every listing themselve. I am sure those seeking Halal food are in a good position to validate the authenticity of the establishment listed in Apps like Zabihah,

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-2 15:39:17 | Show all posts
No you can't eat meat that isn't halal even if it's prepared by your mother. Does she understand what you mean by halal meat or is she deliberately trying to get you to have it? Either way, just eat food that is vegetarian or have fish. I used to live in a town where halal meat wasn't available for two years so I just ate fish (fish fingers and chips or tuna pasta bake) or vegetarian food (rice and daal or baked potatoes etc).

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-2-2 15:39:29 | Show all posts
I don't think restaurants are allowed to cook seafood, meat and vegetables in same dish and contaminate each with other.. isn't that against food hygiene code & will lead to lot of different bacteria contamination. They are not even suppose to cut on the same cutting board as meat because meat has lot more bacteria. to the OP,.... Go with seafood and vegetables, pasta and rice, and dessert without alcohol. I am sure your mom is cooking many side dishes that you can eat and maybe ask her to make more vegetables or fish

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-3 14:06:04 | Show all posts
Not to worry if you are a business owner. We will not charge you any fees should your establishment is listed on Halalmak. In fact, we love that you keep us updated on your latest festive menus and promotions. We will help you to reach out to the Muslim community.

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2020-4-6 14:34:44 | Show all posts
stardew valley pc download I recommend my all fellows to read this great and informative post. Keep it up!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2020-5-25 05:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.029433 second(s), 22 queries .