Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 668|Reply: 5

The Best Racing Simulator Cockpits ...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-3-6 14:41:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is caused by the upright sitting position when using a computer at a desk. Sitting upright in a chair is, simply, not a natural position for our bodies. Therefore, within an hour our backs get fatigued and we start hunching over with our upper body weight supported by our elbows on armrests. Once this happens pains and aches are created as our body’s are out of alignment. This shouldn’t be a surprise as an entire industry was created offering so-called “ergonomic” products to improve comfort when using a computer at a desk, but they fail since the base problem still exists, you have to sit upright to use a computer at a desk.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-3-6 14:42:59 | Show all posts
finished up the build this weekend. I havent really worked with MDF all that much before, but even at 1/2" its very sturdy. I probably have an extra 2x3 here or there throughout the build that isnt really necessary. The platform for the wheel is rock solid and does not wiggle at all, even with the asymmetrical support. I built it this way to make it easy to climb in and out of the seat, and it works great.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-3-6 14:43:11 | Show all posts
The piece of MDF that I cut wrong a few weeks ago.....I decided to just use it. Its the big side piece in the 2nd pic. I intended for it to extend to the end of the cockpit down by the pedals. I figured it would have just ended up making the whole setup even heavier than it already is (its pretty heavy now, at least it can roll around)

The top where the wheel clamps on is tilted a little towards the "driver" so the wheel axis isnt pointing up at your face so much.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-3-6 14:43:41 | Show all posts
In reply to 4cylndrfury: It stays pretty still on the hard wood floor. I havent tested it while playing yet. I dont think it will move at all though.

In reply to Graefin10: I don't, I dont have a PS3 yet. Or high speed internet for that matter. I did however build the cockpit without the wheel controller permanently mounted on purpose. So I could put a different wheel on there. Ill probably get another DFP at some point.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-3-6 14:43:48 | Show all posts
I have to admit though, I really love the ottoman idea. That would be freakin' perfect for my house after I renovate my living room. The one thing I'd change would be to install better seats, but with a re-worked folding mechanism so they could go flat. Fortunately, I have a pair of E30 sport seats in my attic doing nothing...

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-3-6 18:45:34 | Show all posts
We spent many hours on research to finding racing simulator seat motion, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best racing simulator seat motion, you should not miss this article. racing simulator seat motion coming in a variety of types but also different price ranges. The following is the top 9 racing simulator seat motion by our suggestions.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2020-7-12 08:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.030217 second(s), 22 queries .