View: 4479|Reply: 2

HDMI switch?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2020-4-19 05:06:51 from mobile | Show all floors |Read mode
I'm using an Orange Pi Prime to build a Magic Mirror.  The module I'm trying to install is for switching the HDMI on/off with a PIR sensor.  The module is called MMM-PIR-Sensor.  The readme file it says to execute this command sudo chmod u+s /opt/vc/bin/tvservice && sudo chmod u+s /bin/chvt.  The result I get is:chmod: cannot access '/opt/vc/bin/tvservice': No such file or directory.  I believe the module is set up for Raspberry pi and the issue I'm having is due to disconnected libraries?  Anyways, I'm relatively a novice so any help to figure this thing out is greatly appreciated.  The OS I'm using is Armbian 20.02.1.  Let me know if there is any other info needed because I think this is a tough problem.  I've searched quite a bit with no good answers

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2020-4-21 10:10:02 | Show all floors
Hey I may have stumbled on another solution?  https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-power-manager
I'm not sure if Armbian is a XFCE desktop though.  A quick google search seems promising but let me know what you think.  If it is I'll have to look into those requirements.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2020-4-21 09:41:26 | Show all floors
Narly9999,
Hey thanks again for the response!  You know what I'm not totally sure about the tvservice if that is a file or command?  Either way it seems what I can find is that it is related to the RasPi.  I'm not sure if there is an equivalent file/command that I can use for the Orange Pi or Armbian.  It's funny you found that instructables article.  That's exactly what started me out with the whole thing and trying to get this running on an Orange Pi.  Anyways, I can give you the quick idea of how the whole thing works.  After you install an OS on the device (Orange Pi) then you download the main program from this site:
https://magicmirror.builders/
This program comes with a config file and some out of the box modules you can play around with and learn the basics of how to set up what you want to display and get the mirror running.  Also, there are several 3rd party modules you can clone from GitHub.  They all run the same way.  You clone the module and place a config string into the MM config file.  So long story short, this HDMI sleep module is a 3rd party deal.  It specifically states right on step 4:
4. Execute `sudo chmod u+s /opt/vc/bin/tvservice && sudo chmod u+s /bin/chvt` to allow turning on/off the hdmi output.
See when I start having problems with stuff that is supposed to work the coding noob starts to show...lol.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list