Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
12Next
Return to list New
View: 1917|Reply: 10

What is a Ketogenic Diet?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-25 20:12:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am considering transitioning from eating low carb way of life to a ketogenic diet. I have been reading about its positive results not only on BG but how ketosis can help so many other areas (weight loss, inflammation, prevention of cancer and Alzheimer’s are a few). Any words of wisdom are appreciated. I have been diagnosed T1D for just over a year as of now.

Thanks!!

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-25 20:12:30 | Show all posts
As @David_dns said, there are many with success on a ketogenic diet. They said, be careful, as you may see big changes in your insulin requirements - even basals - early on in the changeover to such a diet. Don’t get caught by surprise without a good source of fast glucose nearby just in case.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-25 20:13:06 | Show all posts
Ketones are always (underscore always) produced when the body burns fat. Ketones are not, in and of themselves, dangerous. They are a normal part of metabolism. Everyone generates them at various times, e.g., during extended exercise or during any extended period of fasting, such as when asleep. It’s normal to have slightly elevated ketones upon awakening in the morning.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-25 20:13:19 | Show all posts
The way they can get you in trouble is when both ketones and blood sugar are extremely high together, at the same time. That can produce ketoacidosis, which is indeed dangerous. Unless BG is wildly out of control, it’s just not gonna happen. And one of the principal benefits of a keto diet is—ta-da!—better BG control. :sunglasses:

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-6-25 20:13:26 | Show all posts
Thank you!! Now I understand why diets like this don’t send people to ICU. All they ever told me about my DKA was that when insulin is that low you burn fat, which creates ketones that lower the ph of your blood. I never knew there was an “okay” level of ketones.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-25 20:13:31 | Show all posts
Just to flesh out the explanation a bit more, it takes ketones and blood sugar together produce ketoacidosis, but as mentioned above, the levels have to be really high for that to happen.

In uncontrolled T1, it can happen pretty easily. As cells lose the ability to absorb glucose, it just keeps building up in the blood stream to higher and higher levels. At the same time, the cells are being starved for energy* so the body tries to get some by burning fat. That elevates ketone levels, and pretty quickly you have a vicious cycle going. Eventually they get so high that you get DKA. That 's the scenario. Keep the BG under control, and the vicious cycle never has a chance to get started.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-6-27 17:33:30 | Show all posts
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc. To start a keto diet, you will want to plan ahead. That means having a viable diet plan ready and waiting. What you eat depends on how fast you want to get into a ketogenic state (ketosis). The more restrictive you are on your carbohydrates (less than 25g net carbs per day), the faster you will enter ketosis.

Get more information healthcarebusinesstoday.com/custom-keto-diet-reviews

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2020-7-3 01:36:01 | Show all posts
I have been working with this particular diet "Leptoconnect" (Google it) for several days right this moment as well as thus far I like them! They provide me a great deal of power and also curb the urge of mine for meals, however, I don't crash after they use off that I truly love, and they as well do not cause me to feel nervous. I have not changed other things I'm doing and also have shed seven pounds.. Click here to find out more https://thehealthmania.com/leptoconnect+reviews

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2020-7-14 11:22:55 | Show all posts
When it comes to the best exercises for abs, you don’t want to trawl through hours of YouTube clips to find the moves that work. You want something you can bookmark and refer to every time you feel the urge to strengthen your stomach. On that note, enter your definitive guide to the moves that sculpt a toned torso – but first, a quick re-cap on what your abs actually are...

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2020-7-14 14:22:35 | Show all posts
it's a quick way to death if you mess it up.
Thanks  [url=http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/static/image/smiley/default/biggrin.gif]http://ww
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2020-9-27 03:27 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.032978 second(s), 22 queries .