View: 13071|Reply: 4

Orange pi pc how to become a root and how to set static ip from ssh

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-5 14:28:11 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi. I'm new here. I have problem with become a root on lubuntu. Also i cant set static ip address from ssh (i use putty). I tried set static ip in /etc/network/interfaces but it doesn't work. I found on web, that on ubuntu (also in lubuntu) for connection managing is some network manager, so I tried also changing ip in this network manager- in configruation files through ssh. I don't have external monitor at now which hdmi support, I'm looking for solution to get static ip through ssh. I'm looking for 100% good solution to do that from ssh, because every time I do something wrong - I loose connection and I must write new image of lubuntu to tf card.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-5 16:48:47 | Show all floors
Use ifconfig.
For root sodo su
Orange PI 2
www.orangepi.pp.ua

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-5 16:57:18 | Show all floors
You can install a remote desktop server too, to connect from your pc and menage all with a gui
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-5 18:12:08 | Show all floors
I know how to use ifconfig, but setting will be temporarily to next reboot. I'm looking for constant solution.
For remote desktop I tried to use solution described there: http://www.orangepi.org/Docs/LogintotheOrangePi.html , using vnc. I downloaded vncserver, I ran it and I connected from windows with vnc viewer, I used option "3.2 X-Window. The simplest desktop session. " When I connect to remote desktop I can see only blank desktop, I can click right mouse button and choose some options, but I can't see network settings. There's no bottom and upper taskbar.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-20 21:36:06 | Show all floors
You can connect by ssh and use nmcli to configure a static IP.

See ths:
Using the NetworkManager Command Line Tool, nmcli

blelow "Adding a Static Ethernet Connection"

dan
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list