login|Register
Forum > Armbian
Post|
看4618|回2|Favorite
mivascu85 看全部
2020-9-14 21:42:56
Edited by mivascu85 at 2020-9-16 22:31

Hello,

I have purchased orangepi rk3399 board and managed to flash armbian image. Everything seems to be working fine, most of device drivers are ok.
   I used the guidelines described here https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/
   I would like to use a sim card also and the board comes with a sim card slot.
   I have looked in the rk3399 config files but could not see any driver support for cellular data.

Was anybody successful using sim card on orangepi rk3399?

The board documentation stated that sim card should be used as LTE module for mini PCIe extension which I don't understand since we have a SIM card clot why should we need the miniPCIe extension?

I will ask in the board related thread about what the documentation says but I would like to know if there is support in armbian for it.
   I didn't see anything in the 5.8.9 kernel that armbian is using. Therei is no /dev/modemX entry after image is loaded. Nothing related in dmesg
   I am trying to use EG25-G from Quectel.   I wonder if device tree sources also need a new node?

Thanks,
       Mihaita

mivascu85 看全部
2020-9-22 14:26:11
Not really but thanks for your reply. Is appreciated.
I have enabled support in 5.8.9 kernel for EG25-G, for EC25 was already there. Even integrated some official patch from Quectel but the module is not detected on usb bus it seems.
I do not see the PID with lsusb and nothing in dmesg
mivascu85 看全部
2020-9-22 21:45:49
did anybody work with LTE module on orange pi rk3399 ?

OrangePi En